Plate Cut-Outs

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
John T
Old Timer

Plate Cut-Outs

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Are we getting close to being able to put cut-outs on the plates generated in the boxing component?  Also I notice that the tabs in boxing have disappeared - or is it just me?

Getting real close to cutting out a Pin Mantle clock that features a 2 second compound pendulum.  I wonder how much wood I'll waste before this one is on a shelf!

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Plate Cut-Outs

Post by ArtF »

Hi John:

The next upgrade for Gearotic is in the works, it will be some time yet, but its a CAD program ( Vexx)  that you may send items from gearotic to be reprocessed to add whatever one likes or modify shapes and send them back to be re-extruded.  It uses beziers as well to try to eliminate problems with Fusion and such.
  Its well underway and Im pretty happy with it so far. It will be released when it has enough functionallity to
be usefull. I felt it was time Gearotic had a proper CAD program that was easy to use for vector drawings from most sources. The
current vector program is dismal in its drawing capability, and I felt it was not a proper architecture for CAD so Vexx is a new application
designed solely for the CAD side of gearotics work.

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Wow!  Thanks Art
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
kit
Old Timer

Post by kit »

In ten years time, when Gearotic has expanded to be the universal software for all purposes and Art has sold his copyright to Autodesk in order to buy a tropical island next door to Sir Richard Branson, licences will be monthly rental contracts and will cost thousands of dollars.

Those of us who were wise enough to buy now will be able to trade 'licence hours' on the CSE in order to bolster our meagre retirement pensions.

Keep up the good work Art  ;D

Kit
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

lol,  be a mighty small island...

Art
kit
Old Timer

Post by kit »

ArtF wrote: lol,  be a mighty small island...

Art
Some people are never satisfied ;D