What will Gearotic do for you?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Bloy
Old Timer

What will Gearotic do for you?

Post by Bloy »

It is my intent to put Gearotic's abilities into practical use with a good dose of entertaining visuals.
The project has a purpose to free ones of their annoying pocket change, and or improving parental bonding as children reach out for a coin to activate the mechanical contraption.
A coin of any size will be manipulated through its watchful journey by interaction with the user.  How the user controls the coin determines the length of time spent within the plexigas/clear enclosure before the coin is deposited to its final resting position.  The final position may be in a return tray accessible to the user.....i.e. A free turn.
If the coin does not make it to the return tray, the gears/parts of the mechanism "hold' it allowing the next user to return the previous coin along with the new coin to the return tray.  Limit of five coins in the system. Unlike coins take alternate routes.
If difficulty is set too low, builder becomes a philanthropist. If difficulty too high, the users are both entertained and amazed(hopefully). ;D
A variety of sounds will also be triggered by tripping of microswitches throughout the travels of the coin(s), some of which will be electronic as well as mechanical.

So I think it has possibilities of being a plug-in "bank"(or a least a rechargable one). :-\    It might just be a "wind-up" device, but I would like to keep the work performed by the user to a minimum.  Gravity will play an important role in activating micro generators to produce mechanically amplified audible vibrations.

How are youse out there planning to put Gearotic to use?
Last edited by Bloy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
John M
Sturgeon Bay, WI