Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit ?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
dfs
Old Timer

Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit ?

Post by dfs »

Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit them.
The Web page alludes to this being shown in the 'Attached Video' I just don't see it.
I can't find it in the PDF manual although my search terms could be wrong.

So how do I get at them and tweak them to match my actual belt profiles.
The fact is it's probably the Chinese belts that are 'Wrong' but if I'm making the pulleys
I presume it's just as easy to buy a lifetime supply of belts so they all match each other and build the pulleys to match.

Marc Christensen
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit ?

Post by ArtF »

Hi Mark:

The profiles cant be edited, they are internally defined as to the specs I have for each
pulley type. The gears are done using the involute math and have nothing stored as a profile.

You could use Vexx to rotate a profile to make a gear if you know the various radii
and such. You can extrude it in vexx as well once created with a circular array.

Art
dfs
Old Timer

Re: Where are the pulley/gear tooth profile definitions stored and how do I edit ?

Post by dfs »

So did the original program have the ability to edit the pulley tooth profiles?
I could swear I saw how to do it once...
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Nope, I dont think You ever could. The profiles were always rows of numbers in an internal database. I dont think Ive ever given access to them.

Art