Where is the D Pitch control please?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Stojan
Old Timer

Where is the D Pitch control please?

Post by Stojan »

I'm wanting to make a Sprocket 95mm Diameter with 48 teeth, as I understand it I have to (teeth+2)/diameter, which gives me a DP 0.5263...

I've been staring at the screen for the last hour and I can not see where you change DP?

Cheers,
Steve
Stojan
Old Timer

Re: Where is the D Pitch control please?

Post by Stojan »

Ohhhh bugger never mind I found it, its hiding under tools "Circular" gears... sighhhh

Ok question then is can I determine the size of sprocket?

I need a sprocket 95mm with 48 teeth? Is it possible to change the DP for a sprocket?

Cheers,
Steve
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Steve:

I dont think you can, as I designed it I figured one couldn't make a chain, so I made the sprockets
follow published standards to match the chains. I think I got pretty much every sprocket type.. Are
you finding some missing?  Most types as I recall are parametric so you could simply zoom to a proper
diameter if its a strange sprocket type..

Art
Stojan
Old Timer

Post by Stojan »

ArtF wrote: Hi Steve:

I dont think you can, as I designed it I figured one couldn't make a chain, so I made the sprockets
follow published standards to match the chains. I think I got pretty much every sprocket type.. Are
you finding some missing?  Most types as I recall are parametric so you could simply zoom to a proper
diameter if its a strange sprocket type..

Art
Hey Art ty for the reply, none are missing - I was just looking to make one a particular size as the shape of the sprocket suited the project I was making. I was laser cutting an Orrery and needed a gear to make a manual crank handle so a smaller gear sitting at 90deg could mesh easily with a gear sitting above it. I found an alternative within the program that should work ok as well.

Cheers,
Steve