cycloidal wheel and pinion tooth profile question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
rmat9
Old Timer

cycloidal wheel and pinion tooth profile question

Post by rmat9 »

Hello and thank you for adding me to this forum. I've recently downloaded the unregistered version of Gearotic 3, in order to explore the program before purchasing. I have at least this one question: Please let me know if it is possible for the cycloidal wheel and pinion toolset to illustrate matching tooth profiles. Currently, it appears to default to two different profiles with no way out. I believe that I've seen earlier versions of the program on the internet, showing matching tooth profiles while in Epicyliodal mode.

Thanks in advance.
Ray
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: cycloidal wheel and pinion tooth profile question

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

In the latest Gearotic versions the profile of the pinion was changed to reflect the official spec in that a pinion has the short leaf
while the wheel has a long leaf. You should be able to simply place wheels or pinions though if you wish only long leaf profiles.

Art
rmat9
Old Timer

Post by rmat9 »

ArtF wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:40 am Hi:

In the latest Gearotic versions the profile of the pinion was changed to reflect the official spec in that a pinion has the short leaf
while the wheel has a long leaf. You should be able to simply place wheels or pinions though if you wish only long leaf profiles.

Art
Thank you for the quick reply. I had attempted to place Long Leaf wheels only and found that with large and small gears together, the addendum points of the larger gears crash into the roots of the smaller. Is there a way to adjust this?
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Mat:

Sorry about the problem. I hadn't noticed the spec change made a collision. Can you try making them in
Gearotic1.exe , its in your release folder and is the older version of Gearotic with the old specification..

Arty