Scale comes out wrong from 2D dxf output in Corel

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
BrianB
Old Timer

Scale comes out wrong from 2D dxf output in Corel

Post by BrianB »

Hi all. I?m using Gearotic in conjunction with Corel draw and cutting the gears with my new laser. When in the output manager, I select 2D DXF then open the resulting file in Corel. The gears always end up filling an entire 8.5 X 11 in Corel, no matter what size they were made In Gearotic. I realize I can scale the gears down in Corel, but if there is a way to make the scale transfer over 1:1 the margin for error on my part would be greatly reduced. Maybe I'm just missing something. Any ideas as to what I?m doing wrong?
Thanks
Brian

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scale comes out wrong from 2D dxf output in Corel

Post by ArtF »

Brian:

There must be a scaling option in corel, the DXF's output from gm are all in proper scale to the gear at 1:1 ratio.
I suspect Corel must have something that is autoscaling to full page. My laser takes the dxf directly do I dont get this error.

Art
Steve Fox
Old Timer

Post by Steve Fox »

Brian,

I use CorelDraw 5, so if this isn't your version, results may differ.

If you pick the file to import and click on the page, not drag, it will show up at 100%. You can then move it wherever you want.  If you somehow mess up, you can change the scale to 100% at the top of the page.  There is a lock to set the x and y the same.

If the problem is printing, on the preferences/layout tab, make sure the Fit to Page radio button isn't selected, it should be As in Document.  Depending on how you have the program set up, the default may be different.

Hope this helps,
Steve Fox
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Also, if the issue is printing, use GM to print it, it always prints at 1:1. Depending on your laser,
you may find when selecting print 1:1, that your laser may show up in the output printer selection..some do.

Thx
Art
BrianB
Old Timer

Post by BrianB »

Thanks for the help. Problem fixed.