GT2 Timing Pulleys and Belts

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
epicycloid
Old Timer

Re: GT2 Timing Pulleys and Belts

Post by epicycloid »

Are there any other "hints" for settings to produce the best output for the GT2-5's?

I read the old post here http://gearotic.com/ESW/FavIcons/index.php?topic=637.0, but wondered what the reccomendations are these days, or if they have changed since then?

TIA,

--Jon
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I see that hread had to do with large tooth counts in a gt5-2 causing the stl file to look bad. What usage are you wondering about?
If you need a good dxf, the dxf should be good out of GM, but if you need an STL of one, then save a GM project , load it into GT
and it will reextrude to a high resolution STL.
  It all depends on the method youll use to make it, but Im assuming we're talking either dxf or STL model?

Art
epicycloid
Old Timer

Post by epicycloid »

I just need to produce a dxf for conventional machining on a VMC (Mazak). But since I won't be doing the machining, I'm a tad worried about what settings I should use to produce the best/correct resolution dxf output, or if I have to tweak something in particular?

I'm playing around with various sizes/ratios right now, but probably aiming for something in the 160 to 200 tooth count.

I guess I didn't see that that thread was specifically referring to issues with an STL.

--Jon