Plateing

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Ren? Olivier
Old Timer

Plateing

Post by Ren? Olivier »

Hello
I am working on my first wooden clock and I would like to know why when I create the plate from the design this part is not centered with the gear design
Thanks
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Plateing

Post by BobL »

Rene;

When you generate plating for a clock in GM, you get to specify the size of the case by entering numerical values for depth, width and height, while the center of the case will always be based from the center of the dead beat gear iteself. You can click "clock face"  to round off the top of your case often found on traditional clocks but the center is always located as I mentioned in the center of the beadbeat gear itself. When you export the plate as a dxf from GM, you can always then move the profile around using a CAD program to adapt to your needs as long as all shaft holes remain the same on the plate and that front and back plates are aligned properly so they match up.

Cheers
Bob
:)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Rene:

As Bob says you can set the width, height and depth of the plates, but you can also center them. While on the plateing screen, click the button for front view then grab the plates as a group and center them, then press the button for a side view, then recenter them again. Then do from the top view if you like. By the time youve done all 3, the plates will be centered in any way you wish. :)

Thx
Art
Ren? Olivier
Old Timer

Post by Ren? Olivier »

Hello
Thank for your help