Female cycloid gear

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
danmauch
Old Timer

Female cycloid gear

Post by danmauch »

I need to make  a cycloid gear with internal teeth . Am I correct that all I need to do is to make the ring gear as a male then save the dxf file and import it into my cad program then add circle of the OD I need and delete any of the internals that I don't need?
Dan Mauch
John S
Old Timer

Re: Female cycloid gear

Post by John S »

No because you need the pointy bits to stick out to the inside.

Don't think the internal tag works with cycloidal teeth as none of the shift stub and width works with cycloidal.
John S.
Nottingham, England
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Dan;

John's right, the option of using cycloid planetary gears does not work well in Gearotic Motion, as of yet anyway. In order to generate internal female teeth to roll cycloid teeth from my perspective would entail large cut outs so they can roll and not jam up depending on length of tooth, not sure if idea is practical or even possible to achieve.... Will review these again with Art and get back to you.

Cheers
Bob
??? 
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Sorry, but I hadnt planned on allowing anything other than evolutes when I first added internals.
However, I am presently adding the evolutes and epicycloidics into their new GT module, and I will
be allowing internal cycloids as well as helical and bevels as cycloids. BUT, I havent as yet tested that
cycloidics as internals acually will work. If they do, Ill include them.
Its my intention to release a new version of GT when this module is complete as it does actually add functionality. As I add things GM cannot do to GT I will update it periodically. Its been awhile as most of what Ive been doing hasnt added new functions but simply made older ones better, but the new "round gears" tool in GT will add things that couldnt be done before,
so Ill update as soon as it is complete.

Thx
Art