Metal Flourish

Post your results here. Share with the world.
marklazarz
Old Timer

Metal Flourish

Post by marklazarz »

Not much woodworking or CNC going on in the summer because I have to take advantage of the weather to do things outside, like welding.  My wife frowns on me bringing welding equipment into the house, especially in carpeted rooms.  I recently purchased a scroll attachment for my metal bender and made my first project which looks remarkably similar to something that Art's flourish module would generate.  Definitely not random but a nice flourish that will enhance the look above our pantry sliding doors.  Photos show the generation and resulting flourish hanging on a shepherd hood while the paint is drying.  Please forgive this post if off topic, just thought it might be fun to see what people do when they take a break from "Gearotic".

Mark
Attachments
IMG_5455.JPG
IMG_5449.JPG
Last edited by marklazarz on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Metal Flourish

Post by BobL »

Mark;

Flourish looks awesome,  I'm sure it will enhance the look of your pantry doors. Anyhow glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps his wife frowning..
Thanks for sharing, nicely done.
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Mark, what kind of metal bender do you have?  Looks like I may have some new shop space to fill soon.
BobL wrote: glad to know I'm not the only one that keeps his wife frowning..
Me, too  :)

Kirk
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

Mooselake wrote: Mark, what kind of metal bender do you have?  Looks like I may have some new shop space to fill soon.

Kirk
It's an el-cheapo Harbor Freight bender.  The fancy scrolls are done with their scroll attachment usually not available in-store, you have to order on-line.  Do you have Harbor Freight stores way up there where the cold air comes from?

You have shop space to fill?  I wish I could buy "shop space" but that would involve real estate which ain't gonna happen.

Mark
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Nearest Horror Freight is a couple hundred miles south.  I've written them several times about how many people would frequent one here.  They always write back and suggest ones 500+ miles away in Detroit or thereabouts.  I save the coupons and use them on trips or the occasional online order.

We've slowly downsized our livestock to a horse (looking for a good home for Josie) and just cleaned about 40 years worth of junk out of one end of a 24x48' barn after putting up a wall (wrong order).  A new floor, some insulation, a stack of drywall...  Need to fill it with something, the Maslow looks lonely.

Kirk