HTD pulleys

A place for one and all to show 3d printer examples of all types.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

HTD pulleys

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Here is a very successfull HTD3mm pulley printed today. It fits ..well..excellently. Its exactly as good as I could purchase from anyone and be happy with it. An HTD3mm of this size is just about impossible to machine generally, and this took 45 minutes to print. BUT, due to the "linear error accumulation" I mentioned in an earlier post, you have to find the right scale factor for your printer. Mine was .98, and when you compare the three I printed at 1.00, .99 and .98 , they look identical, but only this one fits the belt like a glove.

Its actually the first time Ive made a small HTD with any method because their simply too hard to make with other technologies. So for nbow, I consider Bevels and small timing pulleys to be 3d printable as their primary goal of creation. ( Unless you have a pretty good shop and can cut these small teeth accuratley..edm maybe I guess. :)

I should mention I printed these on Fast/Rough otherwise the finsh woudl have been much smoother, but taken longer to print. :) )

Thx
Art

Attachments
HTD3mm 002.jpg
HTD3mm 001.jpg
Dan
Old Timer

Re: HTD pulleys

Post by Dan »

Excellent, Art! Hmm... when did you say they were expected to lower prices on those printers... ;)

Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: HTD pulleys

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

:)

They have to come down eventually. There really isnt much in them. From what I see the differences between printer quality is primarily software. This one is pretty clever about how its doing support and finishing the outside surface. Its why the quality comes out looking so sharp.

Art