Re: My first test sample

A place for one and all to show 3d printer examples of all types.
MBrez
Old Timer

My first test sample

Post by MBrez »

Test piece I had farmed out and was printed as one piece, works great.
Attachments
3DPrint (640x480).jpg
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

Looks near perfect from the pic, what was the printer make?

Ken
MBrez
Old Timer

Post by MBrez »

I do not know the make but it was the highest resolution machine they had on site, it took up an entire room at their facility.  The piece shown is one of many test pieces, I wanted to get the air gap clearance as close as possible without having the gears fuse together.  I'm in the process of developing a kinetic sculpture that will be offered up on kickstarter in a month or two.  Gearotic has been the light at the end of a very long tunnel for me and I look forward to showing you all what I'm doing.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

EXCELLENT work!!

I will be working on routines that give you a one-click ability to set air gaps and shaft clearances
in the end in GT. The idea is to tell the program you want to 3d print a mechanism and it will then bond appropriate gears to shafts, and make clearances on others that need to spin. Gears will auto shrink just enough to give a user defined clearance and hopefully this will help others who wish to print mechanisms
but dont have the cad skills required for all the clearance work. Things like bearings and worm gears will be added as well, things we didnt do before because there was no easy way to manufacture them.
  Many companies are looking at adding 3d printers to kiosks and stores to print the publics models, so Im thinking such routines are probably usefull to a great many people in the near future.

Thanks for showing your work, its is an EXCELLENT display of where the world is headed.

Art
MBrez
Old Timer

Post by MBrez »

Great news Art, will be one less thing I need to do on the CAD side of my sculptures, I look forward to the upgrade.

Mark
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Mark;

Nice work piece you got there, well done..

Cheers
Bob
;)
Gearotic Motion
Bob