WebCam Data

Drop zone for Webcam data
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

WebCam Data

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

This is a dropzone for any webcam data ( like your confidence levels) , experiences or comments / suggestions
related to the Stereo Photometrics module. All data helps to make the module strionger in future.

Thx
Art
KKirk
Old Timer

Re: WebCam Data

Post by KKirk »

I am getting confidence levels like 23.48, 44.25, 36.148 and etc.  Picture looks good but every time I select "add st'" the program immediately goes into an infinite loop and a "3 finger salute" is the only way out.  I have yet to get even 1 good output.

Karl
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Karl:

Excellent numbers. OK, so you have generated the normals, and created the 3d? Did you decimate the stl before using AddSTL? Decimate it down to around 75,000 or less vertices. Does it lock up when you hit addSTL now?

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

hi art tried the webcam in my scanner box the picks came out ok with me turning lights on and off by hand.

had settings at 176 x 144 YUY2, confidences at 270.9, gradient scale 0.01 I put the image out at x 176, y 144 and z 14.81831, vertices 6331. see attached pic

it would have worked better if i turned lights on and of at the correct time got it close a couple of times pic`s came out quite clear so if you wont to add out put light control through a arduino that would be cool this year next year when ever.

if you did I think it would be as good or better than the scanner program I use.
Attachments
photo.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Thx for the numbers. If the photos are not perfectly timed it will screw it up..no question. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

yep I will try sticking my spear off next week screen in there to get the correct timing it will make it better, useing twin screens makes it easy
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi art had a good play today I have the screen in my scanner box works good forgot to save the last image I did it came out quite well

the confidence was 64.899, resolution 640 x 480, fire 250ms

couple of thing I found the colour of what you are taking a image of can make or brake a image capture dark colour`s don't work very well at all light colour`s are fine, black pretty much leaves a very white colour, so if the back ground is black it will leave a white back ground.

I will play more tomorrow using a black back ground hopefully I will rember to save the images this time
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Send me a email to support and I can send you the new version with a much different
algorithm.. much faster and pulls much better. You may find it better, but there are no docs
or video for it yet, its a bit more complex as more selections exist in its operations.

But then, the results are much more impressive..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

hi art did not see your reply did some playing with a black back ground so much better the area around what I did images off is single colour and flat.

I will add images of result from cut 3D

a is same settings as before as a negative, 3 is image
Attachments
e.jpg
a.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

lol.. Those look cool..

I see your email, Ill send you a fresh version..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I have run in to a big problem the X and Y are the same as the aspect size but Z is coming out as just over 3 meter in depth I change x to 200 it goes down to 1 M
Attachments
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Wow, those are pulling out nicely.. just lower your scale slider, it should lower back to a reasonabel pull, I aim for about 150 as a good scale.. but it varies from data to data set..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

yer they are better than my laser scanner can do I will try that
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi art moving the slider down to 1 leaves not a very good image, having it set to 2.5 is a lot better but it has a 80 mm curve ever negative or image it`s all the same.

so the scale of negative to image is good

but the curve is way to much the whole image will be curved cutting the side of helps a little bit.

I have tried a flat black back ground it make`s it worse bigger curve.

A flat white back ground is better, between black and white is 200 mm

it would be good if you can reduce the Gradient scale so if its at 10 it would be 1/4 or less of what it is now but keeping the image just as good or have it how it was in the last version I tried the one on your site had barely any curve to wear there was a flat back ground sorry to be a pain

picks 1 is negative, 1 on gradient scale pick 2 is negative, 2.5 on gradient scale, picks 1a, 2a is image same setting`s 

threshold is 0.1, zero noise gradients is un ticked, ambient correction same, fullres resolution is 176 x 144 yuy2--format 2
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

been playing with the web cam on my laptop the differences from the webcam in a box to the one on the laptop is massive everything comes out fine with the webcam on my laptop.

I thinks it just that there is no back ground noise in the box so the changes you made are to much if the webcam has no back ground noise and is in a box I will try having the web cam sitting on my laptop to see what happens I will post those latter