WebCam Data

Drop zone for Webcam data
DanL
Old Timer

Re: WebCam Data

Post by DanL »

here is a pick done with my webcam sitting on my laptop I have background lights on so its not the best but it half the depth of doing it in my scanner box with the Gradient scale at 3
Attachments
a.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Also, look closely at the images, any chance the timing is off on the scanner box? The photo is actually taken at the end of the flash cycle, not at the beginning. When the screen flashes the one side, you have
to be pretty carefull about when exactly that photo is taken.
  I guess I really need to put out a trigger just in case for people like yourself that can use external
processes.. But your right, it could just be your images are too good.. Of course, you dont need to use Gearotic at all for taking of the pictures, so long as you save them in alphabetical order so the
reconstruction knows which is which..

In the fall when I revisit the 3dfromwebcam, Ill get some images from you and analyse why
their so strong. Ive moved on to a new investigation now that will keep me busy till the fall,
so we'll discuss this in more detail then. The new 3d will be released than as well.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

ok sweet I will play with what is there now and just fart around with it I might try a infinity wall so there is not a background for the cam to pick up I will do a negative and positive to see what happens, it a bloody good program.

I whacked the slider to the max`s it was very very deep 6 m but what was at the end was really sharp and clean.

I will post picks if the infinity wall works and its just a second screen in the box and its just a cheap webcam with auto focus and zoom.

thank you for another one of your cool products and letting me play with it
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Excellent, let us know how it works out. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

hi art I have gone back to the dev version of gearotic I could not get anything useful out of the version you sent me with out being 100 mm plus deep I played for quite a long time everything I tried somethings helped some not.

I think the problem is the webcam I am using compered to what you have mines a Genius FaceCam 1020.

I have it set to 640 x 480 YUY2
250ms
Confidence is around 100
Gradient Scale 1.50
pedestal closure ticked (what ever it for)

pick attached I got a new program for the web cam I have and can zoom in and pan with it.

so it is better than any other program for scanning I have now

Attachments
a.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

If you get a chance, could you zip up a 4set of shots saved from the screen? Id like to
experiment with your data in the new code. Pulling out too far is an odd one.. Id like to see
if I can make any adjustments to allow a camera such as yours to me a bit more muted
for the release of the new code in the fall..

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

will do soon
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi art lost the new version of the scanner you sent me would the picks taken with the dev version be ok if not can you send me the file again

ta
Daniel
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Any 4 pics will do, that section never changed, I just wanted to see data with such a high confidence rating.. ( 100 is pretty
huge, I get 30 or so typically.. ). :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

ok I will do a set, white back ground, black background, mdf back ground and no back ground the endless background did not help
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan

Thx,. no rush. I wont touch the 3d code now till the fall , Ill clean it up a bit then before the
first release on the next development year. I really just want to analyse the numbers to see
just how powerfull your gradient fields are , and to see if I can put in code to fix that when a person
is lucky enough to have that good a setup.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

the set up is diy wast materials and bits what where laying around you could do the same with a dead microwave it`s just a box with a door