My laser engraver from 0 knowledge to 32.461% .... probably

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
BobbyW
Old Timer

Re: My laser engraver from 0 knowledge to 32.461% .... probably

Post by BobbyW »

ArtF wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 am Hi Bobby:
One thing I might mention is you may want to add a button ( or edit an unused one)
and modify it to be a script button with the M3 command in it.
Art
Hi Art . I was busy too , with my garden and flower greenhouse (think is right word for).
You right , i didn't think how easy can be . Always was a issue when some error's occur
and Estop fail in time of cutting something in one line or even on engrave , was impossible
to switch to MIDI run M3 and back to default stored fail point .
That simple " button" seem to be the best and easy solution to that.
Buttons are for Cut/engrave, M3, compressor&exhaust , and red laser XY lines for piece alignment
on laser table.
Thank's many beers commin' :thumbup:
Bobby
Attachments
M3.jpg
M3.jpg (12.99 KiB) Viewed 13355 times
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bobby:

Thx. Buttons are definitely the way to go for special commands or tweaks. I wouldnt have had so many
screams at Mach3's screen designer if I had had the idea of such smart buttons back then. :)

I hope the summer is going well. Im hard at simulation development and wrapping my head around
all the 3d math again. :)

Art
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

ArtF wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm
Im hard at simulation development and wrapping my head around
all the 3d math again. :)
Art
Well when you get stuck, that ask for a fishing break , is always welcome and effective :)
I like math but only linear part , the rest of :sick:
Back to Auggie , i found a issue and i test it many time to be sure it is . I put the screenshot below.
As example , if i want to write something to a piece and the curve are very sharp is a good idea to
disable the "automatic" power adjustment on corners or sharp curve.
For that i need to :
Press ImageDither button ON
Press DistCord button ON
Presss DistCord button OFF
and after that work flawlessly
If i only push the DistCord button , nothing will happen .
Also that work only in that order, if you mess you need to start over again.
That buttons have a script or are integrate in main Auggie development ?
Thanks
Bobby
Attachments
Art 1.jpg
DistCor on off.jpg
distCor ImageDither.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bobby:

I will note to correct that next time I'm in there. I knew there was a bit of weirdness there, they are internal calls, so there
is nothing you can do for that.

( I had to learn much of the math again as you lose if if you dont use it. Unlike gearotic, Im trying to make Ticker do actual
physical simulations as Auggies experimental module did. Only with better graphics , interface, gravity and such. Id also like
gears that can run around other gears instead of simple meshing.. I had forgotten how complex it all is when you try that,
but it is fun to do, Ill say that much... :)

Thx
Art
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Hi Art, hi everyone
Long time no see , i was busy with my greenhouses , my electronic workshop and now i have free time until spring come.

As interest in laser and engrave , my wife give sometime something to do and come again the difference between cutting end engraving.
As i am a very lazy guy , i always search the easy solution to finish one job. I will try to explain what is in my mind.
I put below a picture with some random shapes. Red is Cut on power i chose in my extension list (inkskape) , Blue is deep engrave,
Aqua is light engrave and Green is for Hatch fill . That need to prepare first in inkskape and after generate the Gcode.
Is not difficult but , if the file exceed more that 1Mb the hatch fill engrave will be made in first order and after the cutting time
come , the error offset will be 3-3mm more large on X and Y from zero to 300mm , and on a 600mm playwood on X,Y will be 12-14mm offset error.
The motors running fine , no error msg in encoder for losing steps , mechanic are fine and i try to measure and the problem is not linear &
not exp , is something like (EXP_error + LIN_error ) / 2 = MAX_error . That i solve it splitting the Gcode file in maxim 200kb , put the M2
command at the end and if i combine 10 files like that , no error. Seems the error happen in internal math of pokeys or Auggie or even in my Inkskape extension . Hard to figure out of that because i don't have other solution to made all jobs in one file .

The idea about that is is show in second picture . Let say i have to cut , light and deep engrave but to engrave the letters to use augumented software.
I try to prepare a file doing manual but i hit myself in a wall . I create a photo and generate the code for engrave . I change the coordonate to my
specified position and i put at the end my code for cutting . Well... the laser wont start , and also now i figure out the Augumented software dont have the input fields for desire coordonate , all start default from zero and is realy hard to modify all numbers by hand.
At the end time consuming to made that file was 1000 time high than hit one button to hatch fill the section.
But with help of Art that time can be reduced considerably .
Right now everything is a little messy in my head .I will clean my idea in time and i will comeback with .... i don't know :lolno:

thanks
Bobby
Attachments
A_TEMP.zip
Manual made code with mistakes of course
(4.94 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
How i want to use
How i want to use
How i use now but error at large fill
How i use now but error at large fill
BobbyW
Old Timer

Post by BobbyW »

Hi , commin' with a notice .
Is pointless to modify the .tap file , GCODE itself , because the information of each pixel is loaded from
aug file , according with 0X0y of course .
So i think better way is first to generate codes from all shapes i want , to go on desire point to engrave
to "find" a zero All command , if is implemented in script and movin' on each point to engrave ,
at the end to return on original point and start to cut .
I got it now , that why my laser wont start because missing pixel information on that point.
I keep digging :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

Thanks
Bobby
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Bobby:

Yes, its true. The Aug file contains the data, otherwise the GCode would be ENOURMOUS in size..

Art