Auggie Released in Alpha Today.

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Auggie Released in Alpha Today.

Post by ArtF »

Hi everyone.

As of today Auggie will appear on desktops installing the development version. Please let us know of any experiences you have,
as Im sure you know, Mach3 took a decade to complete, Auggie is 8 months old. lol, so expect bugs, weirdness, and..if your into
that kind of development as we were in early mach3 days, fun.
  Auggie isnt meant to replace a mach3 , EMC or Mach4, its meant to be a different experience, for the hacker type rather
than the machinist type. Development will proceed aiming toward a better than normal Laser use, but Ill continue to ensure its
usefull for other things and am willing to implement commands that any group of users finds usefull.

Have fun,

Art

GlennD
Old Timer

Re: Auggie Released in Alpha Today.

Post by GlennD »

Have it running a couple of steppers on the work bench.  :)
Running the spiral program, waiting for the garage to get warm enough.

Awesome work thanks Art.
Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glann:

Thanks, your the third person to get it running actual motors. :)

Let me know what you see and find.. how you feel it runs. I CAN make my buffer run out if I try , like
doing email or something, but I find it pretty stable otherwise..

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

The spec's for this PC so you have them are:
Win7 sp1 64bit
i3-2100 3.10GHz
8gb ram
GeForce GT610

Glenn
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Wonder of wonders, I got my Pokeys to come alive and interface to Aggie and Aggie saying it's doing stuff. Dug up some parts to cobble together a 40 volt power supply, found my spare G540 and a 25 pin cable to hook em together. With any luck I will become a motor spinner in the next few days. Maybe even tomorrow if SWMBO don't catch me.  ::)
joemac05
Old Timer

Post by joemac05 »

Forgot to mention... Windows 10/64 i7 (2 generation old) with 3 monitors. Well 4 actually but I never turn the big overhead on, too hard on the neck.  :'(
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

joemac05 can you let use know how you get on using the G540 with the pokeys, I am going to be doing the same (well try to ) with my router, and my still in port 3D printer,I will be make up a converter board
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

If you use a Pokeys 57, i has a printer port ribbon cable plug for connecting a prionter port plug.. limits your IO of course, but looks good for a quick swap from printer port to PoKeys..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I still have more reading of the pokeys manual to do, I may fire off a few question to them and ask here.

can you use the other pins on the board if you use the printer port plug, other than the one's the p port user's( Test OI connector) I will need 5 axis for the printer so b or c axis connectors,

if it's going to over limit what I can use I will get some big easy driver's that's all the printer needs, the router is a different story it only needs the pins that the Test OI connector has so that no problem.
it will be weeks before any parts turn up. but I am in with a Grin.

If I can get it working well on the little router and I can do a post processor for Vcarve pro, and it does 3D stuff very well, just the basic stuff I may change the big router over to the pokeys board as well, I know my dad is sick of the little bugs that pop up at time's with M3 and he has to get me to come around and fix it.
if it cost $200 to make the big router work better I have been told I can do it.

do you have a list of what G codes can't be used Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

More a case of what can be used at the moment. Most are there, but not necessarliy hooked as yet. In the end I can see the G42 stuff is gone, the # vars are gone, but most other things will either work , or be scriptable to work I think. We'll all have to discuss that as we go..
Ill usually make a workaround if seomthing cant be done some other way..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

for the big router just the basic is all that is needed it's manual tool change, and manual on/off for the spindle. the VSD has 1500 settings and the manual is a 120 pages long to do non manual on/off would need 50 settings to be change. that got the big F that. that's end of next year anyway. just the small router and printer for now.

g42 stuff and # vars, that's fine. that what I have fusion 360 for.

even though terry will miss them 8)
borisz
Old Timer

Post by borisz »

Art, congratulations!
We added news also to our blog that you'll get more attention: http://blog.poscope.com/auggie-cnc-machine-controller-for-pokeys/
For all orders of the PoKeys on www.poscope.com, you'll get one PoStep25-32 for free if you'll write "Art is Santa" in the comment on the order. Promotion is valid until January first until 24:00.
On PoKeys57CNC version 1.1 ribon cable connection is not compatible with paralel port. However New PoKeys57CNC v1.2 hardware which is avaiable now has paralell port compatible pinout.
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

borisz are you able to confirm that if I use the parallel port connected to my G540 all other pins will be still useable other than x, y, z and a. at this stage that's all I need to know I will be ordering next week.
borisz
Old Timer

Post by borisz »

DanL, I can confirm.
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

ta Merry xmas