Script running issue

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Script running issue

Post by ArtF »

lol, you guys are getting ahead of me, how does that happen..

Glen: Theres probably mutiple bugs as I swap versions around, Im doing a video next on screen design, then Ill start a long series on the scripting which will be morphing to a dual scripting system, one system for screen control , and one for motion. Scripts should work in the
scripter, BUT, I secretly updated the download yesterday with a fix for that. ( At least Im pretty sure I did. :), a lot of versions flow by me.

So you might try a download, the downloads will now start to be properly versioned and Ill let you know whats fixed. I do remember the
scripting failing though due to a new command structure for it. Ill update tonight if you still cant run scripts fromt he script MDI screen.

I must say, your progress is astounding to me, your much deeper than anyone should be after a day .... well done..I figured we'd confudle everyone till I had a dozen or more video's out..

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

I have a background in CAD CAM automation as well as machinery design, so I have a little bit to go off of.
Besides this is great work, as it is pretty straight forward to follow.

Just downloaded the latest from the downloads section and no luck.
But I am fine with the multiline window running it.
The screen design video will be great as I do intend to make the tabbed box code work and it will require a window for the selections.

Thanks
Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Glen:

New version was just uploaded. It will run the script MDI, I had turned off command objects in that window. Scripts that run in MDI have an
associated command object, by which they request motion, scripts generally in the debugger, do not, they still ask , so its like a simulation..
at least until I add a command like Engine.AddComBlock() for those scripts that need it.

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
It is working now.
Thought I would mention, I was running my CAM software while running Auggie.
WIN 7 was reporting 103 processes.
The CAM program was processing a STL of a BAS relief and the motors never missed a beat behind me.
I did not hear a sound difference the whole time it was processing the STL.
That is seriously amazing.

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glen:

Thanks for that report, Ive been spending inordinate amounts of time in analysis and testing
for speed, all that is seriously nice to hear. :)

Art