Laptops and Auggie

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Laptops and Auggie

Post by ArtF »

Yes, this is all very experimental, at the moment, I promise only that 100% of systems tested so far (both) seem to work fine. :)

Art
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

That's a lot of running back and forth from the shop to the house :)

I meant background processing, not electrical interference.   iirc the issue was laptops did weird power saving and other things in the background, and made for a lot of latency issues.

With any luck I'll find out for myself pretty soon, although connecting motors and hearing the results will take a while longer.  Good collection of various sized steppers in the moosecave so the laser won't have to be torn apart for early testing.

Wonder what a script to play the star wars imperial march would look like?

Kirk
Last edited by Mooselake on Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Kirk:

The DRO on the Diags Panel will show "Time Anomalys". They may happen on Estop or coming out too, so having a count doesnt mean anything, but if you have a zero on the screen, let it sit doing nothing for an hour, mine used to count up to 60 or so, now it stays at zero..

Art

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

KirK if you take the battery out of a laptop and just straight power it with the normal sleep stuff turned off they run like a all in one.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

After a brief snafu with the weekend postal carrier (didn't deliver, took back to PO) my 57cnc has made it to the great white north (okey dokey got the pokey pokey from the pokey :) ).  By random chance the package of ribbon cables ordered the same day from Shenzen arrived too.  It's not enough sizes of cables, wonder why they had to put 10, 16, 20, and 26 ribbon cable headers on the board, plus those odd looking red connectors for the estop and PoExtension2 - anybody know what to plug into the estop one?

The board's cold enough moisture's condensing on it, no testing today.  Guess I'll check out Fritzing and see if I can make a template to lay the drivers out on a breadboard.  Plan is to see if I can spin up a couple spare steppers on the bench first.

Kirk
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I know, its a lot of ribbons. :) I havent dealt with the red cable yet,but Ill get there... I have the rest all ready to go. :)

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Just for grins an giggles, well more like I take it with me as I travel for work so I could still play sort of thing.
I tried a install Auggie on a surface pro 2 with Win10 Pro 64bit. 
Was playing with a Pi installed with Win10 for a projection project so did the insider install on this surface.
It has a i5 4200u @1.6ghz 4g ram
I have both VS2012 and VB,C# 2015 express installed on it, plus various Automation direct programs.
It runs EdgeCam reasonably.

Pokeys installed and runs fine can see the 57cnc and operate it. Gearotic runs fine. 

Not so much Auggie I see a 0xc0000005 error when I look at the application log.
It gets past the select profile I see the splash screen then bombs out.

Made sure the install for the VCredist was installed.
I thought I would try to reregister the PokeysDevice_DLL.dll and I get a loaded but entry point not found error.
Tried both 32bit and 64bit regsvr32 installs.

This isn't important just thought I would give it a try.
Thanks

Glenn
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glen:

Interesting, Ill add some messages to see it it can help find out why, maybe we can make it work
there as well.

Art
GlennD
Old Timer

Post by GlennD »

Art
I should have given you the fault offset as well.  0x00161c1a

Thanks
Glenn
Richard Cullin
Old Timer

Post by Richard Cullin »

seems to work ok on my hp i5 w7 laptop (wifi)  ,  after doing the pokeys updates to the latest version (firmware too)

having issue with  incremental/absolute arc moves

Attachments
pok.jpg

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Richard:

Yes, some Gcode items will still act up as of yet. Arcs in particular. They are only roughed in as Id liek to make them of any normal..
Glad to hear its running though, several updates are in the works..

Art