Auggie crash

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Auggie crash

Post by Mooselake »

DanL wrote:I have just ordered the 57cnc it's on the slow boat exchange rate is a killer, it may show up at the end of feb unless borisz is nice and upgrade the shipping for free
I don't remember where you are, and it's probably too late, but there is a distributor in the states.  The price wasn't a lot different considering the exchange rate.  They shipped pretty fast, got mine quicker than I was ready to try it.  Based on a sample of one they were pretty decent to deal with.

Kirk
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

New Zealand the first country in the world to see the sun, I saw they had the 57cnc as well, I got it from borrisz as i get a stepper driver as well. the time it takes to get here will be the same the shipping from europe or the usa is about the same slow as a wet week, the only place I can get things fast from is england they can bet local shipping by day's the record is 2 days from england that is super fast as they are 24 hours away by plane. usa is 11 hours 

Art what I thought would happen when I run a code is correct, some it will come up broken and if I run it, it's fine and the log shows a attempt at running the code.

YaKnvNo code to change the color of the dro's to show if they are homed or not if I run it, it does nothing, if I step through it, it will show as broken but it does work.

and some codes won't work at all and nothing shows up in the log for them so it makes it quite hard to do anything but if it is going to work it shows up in the log as a attempt to run or if it's got a print in it that show's up.
it's not that important as I still have other jobs that need done.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Thx for the confirmation. Im in the process of adding a simulator which will hopefully make it so
most functions will at least work and simulate motion.. I guess its hit that point. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

yep thanks art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Art I just found why I could not get YaNvrNo's script to work, it helps if you can spell
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

And copy and past does not always work correctly some parts need redone, but when you are typing sometimes the autofill does not come up, it will happen over and over again.
closing down the scripture and starting it again does not help.
I have to restart Auggie to get it to work then it stays okay for sometime or it will crash as soon as I hit enter when the autofill pops up.

the board is meant to be here on wednesday, tuesday your time so will see what changes then.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Ive just rewritten the autocomplete so its much more usefull as it now
only offers commands that belong to the initial command..

Also a serious bug in the planner was found and repaired that helps smooth
things out. Each day I find a few crashes as I do changes and fix them up..

reminds me of the old days of mach2.. without the pressure.. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

cool I will run the new version and see if I have the same problems, they were easy to reproduce, as long as I spell things correctly.
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

it does not crash on the autofill now it's working better, when I try to step through the code it crashes hard YaNvrNo spiral script, it does the same if I just step in then step out,

and if I step in then kill all threads hit run, then hit run again crash.

I will try another code now.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Found a few more errors this evening, and recoded an important module, it may help alot. Speed of the interface is now increased by a factor of 4, so lets see what happens after tomorrows release.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

cool I will play with other code's to see If I can find more ways to crash it, I will do some real stuff when the board get's here
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

well all other code that have been posted are fine no problems at all.

whent back to YaNvrNo first code if I have Spiral(50,0.1,0.2,0.5); in the code, in the scripter it crashes everytime, if I have this Spiral(50,0.1,0.2,0.5); in the script MDI page it runs fine.

so that the bug