New version 1.1

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

New version 1.1

Post by ArtF »

Hi All,

I know Ive been quiet for the last week, its a bit of a pattern, I code for a week till
I'm burnt, then take a few days to consolidate and explain a bit.

This versions the result of a lot of Testing, poor Ya-Nvr-No has been crashing quite
a bit to the programs benefit. I'm grateful.  

A great many safeties and log messages have been added, and in the event of a crash
codes and/or messages will be given, let me know what they say if you like, Ill see where they
lead.

So other than crash proofing, methods of getting data from the axis are added, The
AxisConfig Library allows you to get/set and save config items such as StepsPerUnit, accel ,Vel,
jerk and CV, so one can script tests for calibrations, or change things on the fly to see
reactions of various systems. Remember you have to turn on a library for it to be instantiated.
 The SystemCallbacks Library has calls to let you know a user has homed, or zeroed, or regen'ed..
and if you use callbacks, I suggest you put your functions in your own library and modify the callback
to call your functions as the installer will still overwrite your scripts, though probably as of next version
it will ask if thats OK..

More blocking signals are added , such as  "MotionUpdate" , for updating any DRO';s your
dealing with. Ill be making more video's shortly, and discussing various principles, so if
anyone is confused as to anything in the program, post here any questions, if its too complex
for a forum post, Ill include an explanation in a video..

The libraries are great examples of most of the concepts.. many of the calls are simply there so
you can use the comments on how to use the functions from the library. Using the lib button
will allow you to click on the functions to see parameter calls and such.

Thx
Art

Edited Update:I swear he out to get me, lol (keeps getting better)
Last edited by Ya-Nvr-No on Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.