Auggie Not responding to G01

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
legacy_5
Old Timer

Auggie Not responding to G01

Post by legacy_5 »

I'm setting up a PoKeys57CNC with Auggie. I've groped my through the PoKeys User Guide and subsequent hardware configuration and watched many YouTube videos

The network connection is done and Auggie talks to the PoKeys through either the USB port or over the network. Success!

The motors all jog and G-code rapids all work within Auggie.
However, no entry method that contains a G01, G1, g1, or g01 will run past that point. Did I set a persistent mode somewhere by running one of my Mach3 .tap files. During MDI the continuation LED flashed when I press STOP (after code execution halts, without error at the G1) Any motor movement code on the line is not executed.

Here is the preamble I put in the Mach3 files:
    G00 G17 G20 G40 G49 G50 G64 G80 G90

Thanks for your help
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie Not responding to G01

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

I know the Gcode isnt putting out great errors as of yet, as soon as laser is running, Ill add more messaging.

Is your Feedrate override slider up? If set to zero the program will appear to stop on a G1,
the slider for feedrate can in realtime control speed from 100% to zero.. so make sure its up at 100%. It will affect
only G1, also check feed-ate, it may be set to zero.

Also, check the DebugLog checkbox before running ( its under config menu ), see if any errors show up..

Thx
Art

legacy_5
Old Timer

Post by legacy_5 »

Art,
Thank you, that solved the problem. I'd found the debug log file, but didn't find anything of use with the speed problem. It should prove handy for debugging and updating my Mach3 G-code to run in Auggie.

Have you started any documentation for Auggie?

Thanks again,
Dan Gagne
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

I havent. The final design is somewhat fluid so I wanted to get a compelted run-time screen for one modality complete
before I begin to document how things work. As of today, my copy does vector cutting with Lasers with power control
tracking, and withing a few days will do photographs and photo processing.

When thats out and running, I will begin to better document things... though most of Auggies Docs will be in the forum of Videos
and commented examples, I will be doing a help foile as well to show script calls and their parameters...

Art