Errors in GCode, Question from Newbee

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
DanL
Old Timer

Re: Errors in GCode, Question from Newbee

Post by DanL »

sorry Micheal. M3 is Mach3 and M4 is Mach4  different control programs, I was not meaning a Macro. Art started Mach3 so saying M3 or M4 art and the other guys know what it means.

next time I will use the full name so not to confuse.

the post processor for Fusion just needs the canned cycles taken out we can added a M code to Auggie to do anything
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Ok Dan, I misinterpreted the short forms and assumed an important secret.
I think there are some canned cycles, which I mean Auggie can operate with. Here a list from WIKI:
I made an empty line behind each Code. Can anybody make a "+" if it works with Auggie and a "-" if not.
I checked some lines, but I am not always sure.

N= Block number
+
G98 or G99= Tool retract to R-plane or prior position

G73, G74, G76, G81-89= The function to perform, for example, G84 specifies a right-hand tapping cycle.

X= Position of hole or pocket in X axis
+
Y= Position of hole or pocket in Y axis
+
R= Z axis start position, also known as the retract plane or "R-plane".
+
P= Dwell time (in milliseconds, where applicable)

Q= Depth of each peck (G73, G83) or amount of shift for boring (G76, G87)

I= Shift amount in X direction

J= Shift amount in Y direction

Z= Shift amount in Z direction (Negative because cutting is done in negative Z direction)

F= Feed rate
+
H= Feed rate for finishing cut

S= Spindle speed

L= Number of cycle repetitions

M= Miscellaneous functions
(partly)
A, B, C and D are used for Rectangular pocket machining.

A= Machining allowance

B= Step over

C= Step depth

D= Additional depth of cut for first pass

I Think, most of them are not needed. Also I would not let Auggie make offset compensations. At the moment I do not know which of the above canned cycles beside the typical are essential for Auggie.
Seems that I can make a small video tomorrow. We have a celebration day.
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi :

None of those will work, though it would be possible to write macro scripts to do them.
In polling last year we found 90% or more never used any canned cycles, and very few
even used offset compensation, instead letting vectric or cambam do their own offset.

They may get implemented at some stage, but I didnt require them for lasers so I didnt
bother with any implementation of them as yet ...

I will be making a list in the Docs of the available codes and offsets and such by fall..

Thx
Art

MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Daer Art,

I love it, perhaps surprisingly for you to hear, that is at least good news, because I have not to deal with them. I for certain know, that e.g. N will work, but is not necessary, because you have already line numbering. And that is the charm of Auggie especially for beginners!
We know what Auggie does without speaking different machine dialects and I think we more freedom to make our own scripts. So I see, that with some small mods Mach3-pp will work with Auggie very well. I wanted to know this, to make a small video.
And compensation by CAD/CAM is more convenient, because I can handle my tools right in the CAD/CAM Database.
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx Michael:

I too find Auggie fresh in that regard.

Auggie is a great beginner cnc program, and for most hobby machines would be more than adequate for their needs. The Mach's exist for those with higher needs , requirements like Lathes, and to conform to the outputs of some CAM programs. Luckily many of today's CAM programs rarely put out anything other than G1,2,3,4 , S,F,M3,M4 , which means
Auggie will work with all of those. (With work by the user it could conform to others, but really, if one needs the G79's and such, why not use Mach3 or 4, they are good at what they do. ).

Thats why Auggie will never be expanded to chase such options. Ill keep its interface as clean as I can, and instead offer other types of options to make the types of things hobbyist's do easier,focusing on Wizards, DXF imports, Text manipulations, outputs, conversions and such , much as the way Laser3d mode works.

In the end, Im a hobbiest, Ill keep things very "Hobby", which means attempting to get expensive professional
results for as little investment as possible. Thats just what hobbiests do.. :)

Art

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

being able to put a script in a G code is way to cool, or even it being a script, done it once so far and it worked
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Ok, may I say guys ...

But here something to think about.
I got it almost done with different files, different models and so on, but then .... error. I now know why and tried to adapt different PPs in Fusion.
So here is my Prob:
in only one single line of several 10000 lines I get this stupid command from the Fusion PP:
G18 G3 Z-1. R0.5, Auggie says no X coordinate present.
If I fix it manually to:
G18 G3 X0.5 Z-1. R0.5 if the X coordinate before is e.g. 0 all works.
I looked at the pp and it may use i,j,k or R. But I do not find the output for the above line .... strange as always. Its JAVAScript and looks good, but in the pp nothing is written to pop out the R-command without x,y,z.

Is this possible to fix in it Auggie, or is this in general an invalid line from the PP ... I am not experienced enough ....
I tried also i,j,k, but then I shouted out the f***-word, seeing, that Auggie calls this KWord..... :-\
See comments I made in this complex YT-video: I got some answers from Timothy, but they do not help yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dutGuwoJ9qY

Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

>>18 G3 Z-1. R0.5, Auggie says no X coordinat e present.

Whats the exact text displayed or number of the error? I cant find one that says "X coodinate missing?" , is it worded
differently?

Thx
Art
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Hi Art,

the following error code: "45:11:82  Error in load at line 17424 : Error:-38 "
in the line 17424:"Line 17424: No XY in Arc on XY Plane.
And if you look at the attached png you see one lonely blue circle which is wrong.
I also attached the gcode, so you could reproduce the error, if you have time ....

Attachments
dta.zip
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 221 times
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

If you download the dev version this probem should be gone, turns out I hadn't turned on the
plane selection....

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

By the way, this is a summer development version, so ignore the dxf module for now, its in
half completed tear down at the moment..

Art
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Ok Thanks,
now it works but I got one over speed error, not a big deal because it might be, because of some canned gcode commands. I try to adapt now the PP. The problem, as mentioned in the video of Timothy is, that you can not really test a PP in detail, because the paths through the software will vary with the commands  of Fusion, depending on the parameter you may switch in the CAM. . So it might be, that it works mostly, but not always. I use now the generic fanuc style, because it is much more versatile.

One Prob stays with Auggie:
M6 command: when I want to make a tool change, Auggie does not stop, even when I get the message of a new tool change. I could do this by a pause in teh PP, but it would be nice to have it selected by Auggie. Is this possibel with a script? In MACH3 you can select 3 options: 1. do not care, 2nd Stop spindle etc., 3rd ATC. I need at least the 2nd one.

I feel bad, asking so much questions you have to suffer from, but sorry I am not a Laser guy at the moment ....
When I have finished my investigations I will share it with you. Perhaps in a new thread?

One other thing I found out was, that testing the Gcode in Mach3 "Offline Mode" (not on my CNC-Computer) it does strange virtual movement, which I do not get on the CNC-Computer, so I had also to deal with that strange thing ... I am sure it is written somewhere in the docs ... but time is hobby....

Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Michael:

Its true, I hadnt worked with M6 yet to make a way to stop for that command to do whatever is necessary. I think all
I need to do is to add a stop so the program stops for user action if he wishes. Ill look into that shortly, I am away
for the next two weeks, but Ill add such a thing when I return.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

for now turn M1 on
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

I just updated Auggie to version 1.5 , an M6 will now stop it, as will an M1, but you can tell any scripted m code or gcode to stop
by adding Engine.StopProgram(); to any script..

Art

Ill now be away for the next 2 weeks, have fun..

Art