Errors in GCode, Question from Newbee

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
MBad
Old Timer

Errors in GCode, Question from Newbee

Post by MBad »

Hi all,
perhaps somebody could help me in my first steps:
I have build a simple geometry in Fusion 360. I used Mach 3 post processor. Now I get some error messages e.g. error 42 (means arc radius too small for endpoint). Changing the postprocessor to genric fanuc or teensy I get some other errors, e.g overspeed. Attached is the gcode file for mach 3 post processor and a screen shot.

Can anyone help me for my first cnc cut?

MOD: I found the radius problem to be a ramping issueso I changed that, but now I have the issue of overspeed at G0 commands. I changed manually G= to G1, this helped in one line, but now in others.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

error42.jpg
Last edited by MBad on Fri May 20, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Errors in GCode, Question from Newbee

Post by ArtF »

Hi Michael:

I haven't run many typical m3 files as yet.  I usually recommend incremental arcs rather than R arcs as various controllers interpret R arcs in different ways. Drop the file here if you like and Ill see if its a program bug in the interpreter. Auggie doesnt have a full complement of cnc commands, but it should do most hobby level code.

G= would be an illegal statement in any event, Id stick with the mach3 post processor, Im not familiar with fusions output
so its possible its just something auggie isn't expecting. Drop any trouble file here and Ill let you know what I think or
how to fix it.

Art
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Hi Art,

Here are some "not working" examples ...
I tried to send them some minutes ago ... but not all files are allowed  ...  so now as zip
In Auggie I get at some lines an Estop ... (Log: Overspeed)
In Mach3 I get strange circles, but I can see the part as preview
In Estlcam I get also starnage huge circles ....

I used different post processors in Fusion, but nothing changed.
Attachments
notworkinggcode.zip
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Michael:

Redownload the dev version, version numbers are the same, but I just updated for this problem.
The R arcs are .1% off their center, so I made Auggie accept it up to 1% off.

They should  now run, they do here.

Art

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hay Art so you know fusion puts out R or I,J moves or all 3 depending if you use the cutter comp, or cornering comp, it has a few fancy cutting comps, what works very well with M3, Auggie does not need it, jerk takes good care of cornering.

there will need to be a custom pp done for fusion360.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Auggie can handle all three, it handles most codes, but it wont handle tool offset comp calls.. all arc's however,
are fine.not to say bugs don't exist, until I use codes I often never know.. but eventually all but things like
G42/G43 should be fine.. and since 90% never use tool offset comp, most wont notice the difference..

Once I fixed the tolerance issue, the fusion files seemed to load fine.. the results wont be like exactly like mach3
in many instances, as the cv is different, but they should cut fine..

Art

MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Hi I have to tell you, that not all fusion files work fine ... but some errors are gone. But .. whole saturday night and whole sunday was needed to fix all issues (hopefully all)
1st compliment to Art,
the errors are gone, but sometimes I get Estops with overspeed. Why, well first my setup in Auggie was simply wrong, so I had a too low max-speed on all 3 axis. As German I read u/min as rpm .... ???! But as I fixed it, there were some overspeeds left ... Coming from different ramping and helical things in Fusion.
So I worked on several different parameters in Auggie, Fusion 360 CAM, Mach3/Mach2 post processors. I think I have it. And that would be very nice, because Fusion has a really easy CAM-Software and it is free for hobbyist!
I want to make a small workflow tutorial If someone is intersted, because you have to adapt 1st. Fusion Cam Parameters, 2nd exclude some features from Fusion, which we dont need as long as we do not want to drive professional industy CNCs, 3rd adapt the Postprocessor, 4th setting up the correct coordinates for the work piece.
And I have some tips for plunging better ramping into the material. I tried hard to get the enclosed Gcode (metric) working, but now it does its job (perhaps a bit to fast), if you have e.g. max. U/min of all axes above 1500mm/min (about 60"/min) there should not be an overspeed error. The part is only a demo and has nothing to to with a special desing only combinig straight edges and circles. Its made by 2D contour an pocket commands.

Thanks for your patience with my English, and here is the Gcode-File ....

By the way I found a small bug in Win10: If I close Auggie after interupted GCode (e.g Stop) and close it, it will automatically restart again. Also the Exit in the menue does not work.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by MBad on Sun May 22, 2016 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Michael
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Michael:

Thx, Its nice to know fusion can work with tweaking..  I appreciate the tips.

Ill continue to look for various bugs int he interpetations..

Art
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Hi Art,

just looked at configuring a pp for Auggie, but it does not seem to be necessary. I am experiemnting with setting using the mach2 (because its older? with less features??). And beside pocket, contour now I checked the settings for adaptive clearing a feature which is called on other programs trochidical milling. This looks hard for the machine, but is surprisingly better for mechanics, tools and you can even work with hard materials with weaker machines.

So now I have to go back to my family, tomorrow I have my birthday ...

Regards Michael
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Hi Micheal I would be interested in a work flow and a pp for fusion, I have not tried fusion with Auggie yet only V carve pro and Cut3D never needed any changes to work with Auggie using the M3 pp.

Art i have not run into any problems using the M3 post with Auggie in V carve or cut3d they both work well they all seem to be on the cut path and handle cornering very well, it does not have the M3 problem with going around corners. so for using a router Auggie is fine I just have to manual set the height (added when you wont), I need to do a screen set it's snowing so I might start doing it today.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Nice to hear, I find the performance good as well. Time will tell in the end, so many more tests to run. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

it's a slow rock solid machine, it takes a lot to put it out Mach3 never did max 600mm/min it's a old emco pcmill. the longer you don't here from me just means I have not had any problems.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Thanks, great to hear. I find I can never lose a comparison to Mach3, its a unique situation
to be the author of both.. you just never know which one to root for.. lol

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

once's you know what the problems with M3 are it's not as bad as what some say, you just have to learn it's limits. Auggie will be the same any control will be the same.

I like all 3 M3, M4 and Auggie
MBad
Old Timer

Post by MBad »

Hello Guys,

After work, at first I had to make some cakes for my collegues this afternoon.
Now I promise a small tutroial for using Fusion 360 with Auggie.
I will not make a pp, thats trmendous work. At the moment I ask myself what is that discussion with M3 and M4???
Dan, I see you love it. For M3/4 I understood you have to adapt it to the machine you are using. E.g. for myself I plan to make M3 (I do not see the necessity for M4, dont want to make threads with my chinese spindel) used as promised some month ago (I was ill ...) to control the VfD by RS485 via a serial script in Auggie.
So please help me why this is of interest. The other M-Code (Flood or coolant) is handled by Auggie at least by ingnoring them, which is good.
M3,M4 would be interesting also for Lasers (I dont deal with them yet). I saw a hint on a 3D-Printer homepage, that rpetier firmware works also with lasers an accepts some M3 ... command.
I Think what we need is a simple process coming from some CAD (e.g. Fusion because its free and very easy but professional) to Auggie. That seem possible, even when the pps throw out some M-commands Auggie cant handle.

I forgot to remind you Art on the straneg exit behaviour  I mentined before.
Is that your wish, or what do you mean abou M3
Regards Michael