Auggie+PoKeys works unstable

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie+PoKeys works unstable

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

one led doesnt mean much, the graph should be in the center or above. When you move with the Pokeys, its the internal pokeys
engine that drives the motors, when you move in Auggie, its done by auggie telling the motors where to be in the next 1 millisecond.
  The Pokeys has a buffer of 250ms or so. The graph indicates how many trajectories of 1ms in length are sent every 250 milliseconds.

In order not to run the buffer dry, we must send at least 250 every 250ms, one for each millisend.. typically, it will read about 270,
meaning it had 20ms to spare.. Its not an important indicator unless your motors are running poorly, then you must look at it
to see that the bar graph hasn't fallen.. if it does, let me know. It woudl indicate your computer is having trouble ..

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

I configure PoKeys pin 2 as DigOut, shut down PoKeys, turn on  Auggie+PoKeys  and write some script turn Pin2 On/Off. All work good, but..

When I shut down Auggie+PoKeys and then wake it up, it does not work.

I open PoKeys, pin 2 has set  DigOut. I repeat configure PoKeys pin 2 as DigOut. Shut down PoKeys and and turn on Auggie+PoKeys again.  Auggie+PoKeys pin 2 works good again.

I repeat this several times and receive the same result. Where is my mistake?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi A:

Im not sure what could cause that unless pin was also being used in the pulse engine as an input or something.
I dont have pin2 hooked up, but I do have pin7 hooked to an LED, it works each time. I will run some tests,
is the config saved into the pokeys?

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

It will be good to test config saved into the pokeys, and better to config pokeys direct from Auggie:)

Today I will test pin7 compare the result pin2-pin7 and let you know.

Best regards,
Anatolii.
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

I do not find pin7. But I fix the problem. I set Initialize output on start in Pokeys, see added picture. Now all pins work good.

Best regards,
Anatolii.
Attachments
PoKeysSettins.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatoli:

Thank you. I had not noticed that and thats a very good thing to know to help
others who have trouble. I will note it in future.

I have added analogue output for you for next release. Let me know how Auggie runs
for you, very few use it as of yet so feedback is important, though many more will use it in the fall as it will
contain the main vector graphics generators and wizards. The wizards and such will
be callable from Gearotic soon, so everyone will use Auggie, just not with motion
control turned on.

Thx
Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

Thank you for analogue output :)

In summer I usually have some time to study and experiment. Today it is Auggie+PoKeys+GM_Script.

Usually I us Mach3. It is good and powerful 6 axis CNC tool plus logics. It can cover a lot of tecnologies. But we need more. And you give it! I will send you all information about experiments with Auggie+PoKeys+GM_Script.

Auggie has 8 axis, but we see only  3 axes toolpath. Can I add more axis with their functions to show toolpath?

Does Auggie has a command to move 8 axis in the same time? Something like G01 for 6 axis in Mach3?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

A:

Auggie only uses a 4-axis planner for the first 4 motors, and another planner for up to 4 of the remaining.
You can command them to move, but they will not show up in the toolpath, they were meant for things like
a toolchanger, or a pallet ..etc.. so they werent planned into the task space of the first 4 axis.

So you cannot sync them, but can move them at the same time. One of the videos shows the use of the
upper 4 axis.. if you use laser one of them is reserved for the laser control..

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

using Mach3 I made 5 axis Plasma cutting machine you can see it on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBLdmKk9A84

This class machines need 5-axis planner and 2 axis toolpass. Next is weldin CNC. It need  5-axis planner too.

Is it possible give Auggie a 5-axis planner?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatolii:

Nice machine. Looks very capable.

I dont think I want to add a 5th or 6th axis into Auggie, perhaps some day if I ever have to deal in 5th axis,
but it would be far too much work I think. :)

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

So we start waiting this day ::)
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

You could just write new MCodes to move the bevel axis when you need to..  Say M45 for tilting 45 degree's of use an MCode with a parameter.. that
may work as well..

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

In added file NC program for cutting circle dia 40mm. It has two parts:
- vertically cutting,
- beveling 45 degree.
How do you see using M45 command in this situation?

A,B corners continuously vary during piercing, leadin, leadout, ets...

Is it very hard to add B axis to G00, G01, G02 and G03 command as linear interpolation?

Best regards,
Anatolii.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Anatolli:

Ahh, I see what you mean, if you do a radial corner you'd need the axis in the planner, and your right,
there is no way to do that.  Its part of my design criterion that I stay away from adding a 5th axis, while
Auggie is a 9 axis planner internally, the complexity added as you add axis' increases the work to make it all
go by quite a bit.

You could use an M45 for example to turn the torch for a square cutout with sharp corners as you can tilt
the torch on its own, but a radial blend will not be possible in the foreseeable future.

If one needs 5th axis, I recommend Mach3 or 4, Im trying to keep Auggie at a bit of a lower level, more
for hobbiests, most of whom do not yet require a 5th axis in the planner, though Auggie will support 4 axis
above the x,y,z,a , the other four axis cannot be a planned move synced to the first 4.

Sorry for the limitation, but its a question of limited time and resources, keeping Auggie to 4 axis keeps its
support and problems low. (and keeps me sane...well, as sane as I get..)

Art
satco
Old Timer

Post by satco »

Hi Art,

I am very glad that ..."Auggie is a 9 axis planner internally"...!!!
Your Hobbyists don't ask you more than 4 axis, because they don't know - Auggie can  9...

May be if you declare your needs in resources we can help you to find it. :)

Best regards,
Anatolii.