Image buttons?

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ElevenCubed
Old Timer

Image buttons?

Post by ElevenCubed »

I have been working on a few projects for the last couple of years and Auggie may just be the missing link I need to overcome other motion control software limitations.  Thanks for releasing the Alpha!!!!  I look forward to testing.

Here a an older video of one such project I have been working on that Auggie will likely be very helpful for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNCGk7Dad8

Question:  Is there a way (or planned future integration) for user designed bitmap or jpeg buttons/screen icons in the ScreenDesigner for Auggie?  Something similar to how Mach3 allowed for image buttons?  Don't get me wrong, the buttons and graphics are a big step up from Mach3 but if there is/will be a way to customize on that level it would be a nice feature.

Thanks
Brian

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Image buttons?

Post by ArtF »

Hi Brian:

Nice test. Galvo's?  (What kind? :) )

You cant at the moment make a bitmap button, but all the required code is there, so at some point
Ill add the capability.

Art
ElevenCubed
Old Timer

Post by ElevenCubed »

Well they are not true galvos.  The test in the video was more of a proof of concept test with stepper motors and good old Mach3. 

While I was researching galvo scanner designs (which are unexpectedly expensive) many people were nixing the idea that a stepper motor could produce enough speed/accuracy to produce solid scan lines for a laser sintering type application.  In ways they are correct in that steppers could never reach the insane scanning speeds of a true twin galvo motor but in regards to sintering nylon PA they were just flat wrong.

https://plus.google.com/collection/gYY_u

Thus far my test designs have proven quite successful.  Right now I am working on a way to solve for the "pincushion" that occurs on larger scans.  I am thinking that the only way to correct for this is via software....enter Auggie.:) 

The laser is a 20W Co2.  The beam is expanded 3x before going through my stepper galvo and then an F-Theta lens.  I have been able to get beam diameters of ~.003" with this design.

Looking forward to the custom bitmap capabilities.  I will likely be a heavy tester when that feature is released.

Brian
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I think you did amazingly well with it.

I just picked up a galvo cube and will be playing with it.. but I plan to add an arduino for the ADC speeds..
Just a side project Im playing in, so the speed was quite impressive to see on a stepper..

Art