Can't load Libraries

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
MaynardC
Old Timer

Re: Can't load Libraries

Post by MaynardC »

I tried deleting Libraries folder and reinstalled ... no success
tried uninstalling Gearotic, deleting enitire Gearotic folder and reinstalling... no success
tried on another XP sp3 machine fresh install of both ... no success
I'm using the latest develop release. Also tried the last release from this spring ... no success

It's working fine on 2 desktop win 10 machines

Thanks
Maynard
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

I wonder is its a winXP thing, I use Win7 here, but seems odd the program runs and ust the library load fails.

Try this, turn on debugging on the ribbon bar menu under config, then try the library button, see what the log says,
it shoudl tell us why the error and what didnt initialise. Also, try turning on the scripter, then hit the library button, errors
should be printed in the log abotu why the library failed..

Art
MaynardC
Old Timer

Post by MaynardC »

Seems like it may be a ui issue, and the libraries aren't being selected.
First screen shot is all libraries selected. Noticed the check boxes don't turn green,as they do on win 10 machine. Also the icons are in random state each time I open the Libraries dialog.
Second screenshot is scripter after I hit OK on Libraries dialog. Also attached the errorlog with log checked.

Maynard
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Library_Scripter.jpg
Library_1.jpg
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

HI MAynard:

Seems to indicate a hosed profile file. Can you send me the profile your using? Ill
take a look. There is a key in there that triggers a no library load and the error "No libraries loaded".
The key is [ScriptTypes], [Scripts] and should be set to 1..

Art
MaynardC
Old Timer

Post by MaynardC »

Thanks Art
I couldn't find those keys in the profile, so added them set to 1, under [General], but it made no difference.
Here's my original profile changed to a text file.

Maynard
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

MaynardC
Old Timer

Post by MaynardC »

Update:

You were correct Art,
Compared the profile on the Win 10 machine to the XP machine and the [Scripts]and [ScriptTypes] keys were missing. Earlier I just added Script=1 ScriptTypes=1, but after looking at the older profile realized there was more to it.

After adding this to new profile, all is well. As most people are simply updating their current install, I'm guessing this is not being added to new installs.

On a side note, the XY motion is great with network delay set to 0. Moving a belt driven gantry with 3 phase steppers at 900 inches/min.

Thanks for the help!
Maynard
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Maynard:

Glad to hear the motion is good. Ill take a look at those keys and their generation. Thx
for this thread, it helps to have such information on archive. Auggie isnt used by many,
so details like this really help over time.
  Is that a heavy machine? I suspect Auggie works best with weight, jerk limiters usually
do. I did find here that tuning is picky as to the job at hand, may have to add a multi-jerk profile
setting for different types of work in the end. :)

Art