DanL
Old Timer

print where

Post by DanL »

global MCode6 = function()
{
  print("A M6 was just executed.");

};

Hi art starting to work on a M6 script when I run the code above where does the print print.
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Re: print where

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

should see it on both the screen and in the log file

global MCode6 = function( tool )
{
    print("Change now to Tool " + tool + "requested");
    Engine.StopProgram();
};
Attachments
tool5m6.JPG
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I must be doing something wrong.

If I have what you posted in the script window on screen it does not print, If I have it in the scripter window nothing in the G code library nothing.

I will watch arts vids again see if I can find where I am going wrong
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Auggie is not working properly running it in sim, I will have to try it on the computer with a pokeys attached
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

the image above was from the Single MDI tab

this image is from the MultiLine MDI tab shows me calling it twice in the SIM mode

make sure you have the yellow highlighted line on the start line and use the run button
Attachments
uu1.JPG
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

We did find an error in the M6 today, it wasnt remembering the tool properly. When interpreted, the M6 calls the macro "ToolChange( tool )" but you'll need an updated version which I haven't put out yet for the fix. Ill be updating within a few days.

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Art the version of gearotic on my inside laptop was corrupted, most things in Auggie where not working and gearotic was doing strange shit.

I had to strip gearotic and Auggie from the computer, I tried a overwrite first and thing were still bonkers so had to run a cleaning program, onces it was all cleaned out I did a reinstall and now it is fine.

That will explain why some bits are not working the code Ya-Nvr_No posted works fine sort of (it's safe to use).

It was close too what I was trying to use, What is a good sign that I was close to a correct code I just had a bit more info there.

Is there a code call for moving a axis to its home position I tried to find it yesterday. (engine.rapidto (x,y,10) works for moveing Z above the work zero) I would rather have the Z goto machine Z zero.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Many of the commands I roughed in even though I didnt need them for laser. In theory a G28Z0 should work,
but Id test it carefully. Let me know if it doesnt and Ill investigate a solution. Many commands are like that , unused, so untested or fixed up. My laser runs well under Auggie, but I don't use many codes other than standard calls for motion..and homing.

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

G28 does not work
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Just checked, A g28X0 will call a macro CallHome( x,y,z,a ); Youll have to modify that macro ( or add it) to
make it then command a G1 or G0..or whatever type of homing sequence you'd like. This allows you to specify
a Z to home first if required...or any special considerations you may want. A G28 or G30 will do the same thing.

I believe the x,y,z, a, coordinates are the offset distance to home in current coordinates . So you may want to
also massage them to stop .1" before ..or as you like.  Again, all untested by me, but Ive traced the call and it all
seems to work.

Art

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I think it's corrupted again Auggie does not like me very much I give it ago on my machine computer
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Is this XP Dan? We've discover XP doesnt like the librarian, Ive made soem fixes for it, theyll be in the next version as
well..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Na win10, just playing to learn I did a M10 what is just.

global MCode11 = function()
{
  //debug();
  Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10);
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 

it does what is meant to do plus I added other stuff to it and it works as well.

but in M6 I have this

{
  debug();
  print("Change now to Tool " " " + tool + " " "requested");
  sleep(10);
  Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10);
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 

it does everything in it other than the Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10); and debug it does not matter where it is it just does not do those lines.

Having just this it's fine and does what I need.

{
  print("Change now to Tool " " " + tool + " " "requested");
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

I think youll find MCode6 isnt being called, its calling ToolChange( tool )..which has the same messages..

M3,M5,M4, M6 are all special and call special macros, SpindleOn SpindleOff, ToolChange..etc..

Any nonstandard MCode or unrecognised MCode will call a script named MCodeX .. so modify ToolChange and it will work.. after the next release anyway. Thx for the tests..

I just fixed G28 as well for next release. It will call CallHome(x,y,z,a ) with values of how far the user wants each axis to go .. so if your zeroed 10 inches from Xhome and enter G28X2 , youll get CallHome( -8,0,0,0 ); You can use the distance
information any way youd like. Standard would be to first move to the X position, then home.. as I recall..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Cool, it's not doing a lot with M6 debug is doing nothing so yer she broke, for fun I can change M6 to M11 in the fusion post or whatever M is free.

It's fun when stuff works going over your vids is helping.

I have to add a dwel to the fusion post before and after a tool change it moves too fast, pucker factor 1000%.