Post by DanL »

G28 does not work
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: print where

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Just checked, A g28X0 will call a macro CallHome( x,y,z,a ); Youll have to modify that macro ( or add it) to
make it then command a G1 or G0..or whatever type of homing sequence you'd like. This allows you to specify
a Z to home first if required...or any special considerations you may want. A G28 or G30 will do the same thing.

I believe the x,y,z, a, coordinates are the offset distance to home in current coordinates . So you may want to
also massage them to stop .1" before ..or as you like.  Again, all untested by me, but Ive traced the call and it all
seems to work.

Art

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I think it's corrupted again Auggie does not like me very much I give it ago on my machine computer
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Is this XP Dan? We've discover XP doesnt like the librarian, Ive made soem fixes for it, theyll be in the next version as
well..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Na win10, just playing to learn I did a M10 what is just.

global MCode11 = function()
{
  //debug();
  Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10);
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 

it does what is meant to do plus I added other stuff to it and it works as well.

but in M6 I have this

global MCode6 = function()
{
  debug();
  print("A M6 was just executed.");
  print("Change now to Tool " " " + tool + " " "requested");
  sleep(10);
  Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10);
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 

it does everything in it other than the Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10); and debug it does not matter where it is it just does not do those lines.

Having just this it's fine and does what I need.

global MCode6 = function()
{
  print("A M6 was just executed.");
  print("Change now to Tool " " " + tool + " " "requested");
  Engine.StopProgram();
}; 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

I think youll find MCode6 isnt being called, its calling ToolChange( tool )..which has the same messages..

M3,M5,M4, M6 are all special and call special macros, SpindleOn SpindleOff, ToolChange..etc..

Any nonstandard MCode or unrecognised MCode will call a script named MCodeX .. so modify ToolChange and it will work.. after the next release anyway. Thx for the tests..

I just fixed G28 as well for next release. It will call CallHome(x,y,z,a ) with values of how far the user wants each axis to go .. so if your zeroed 10 inches from Xhome and enter G28X2 , youll get CallHome( -8,0,0,0 ); You can use the distance
information any way youd like. Standard would be to first move to the X position, then home.. as I recall..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Cool, it's not doing a lot with M6 debug is doing nothing so yer she broke, for fun I can change M6 to M11 in the fusion post or whatever M is free.

It's fun when stuff works going over your vids is helping.

I have to add a dwel to the fusion post before and after a tool change it moves too fast, pucker factor 1000%.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

New version was just uploaded, but not yet announced till I do a video. G28 is fixed in this version as well as several other fixes in other areas..

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Thanks Art I will test now.
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Right one problem down a new one, this one is going to be Hard.

A M6 call from fusion 360, Auggie blows through it. A M6 from Vcarve pro all good. M6 in the MDI all good

I added the Z10 to the tool change call before the stop motion it works.

global DoToolChange = function( tool )
{
    //debug();
    print("Change now to Tool " + tool + "requested");
    Engine.RapidTo(x,y,10);
    Engine.StopProgram();
};

And G28 Z0 nothing happens.

Running G28 Z0 in the MDI with the scripting window open and running.
it comes up with thread ID 103, status broken. it comes up with onrun(); in the scripting window

All done on the non machine control computer.

Going to try the machine control computer now
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Well that did not go well at all, the vectric code worked other than G28.

Then I ran into communication problems ethernet just stop working all together. restarts no help, cycling the power to the 57cnc did not help.

Switched to the usb and it was just as bad.

all the above was in Auggie.

When I brought up the pokeys application the ethernet was no response at all, the usb was fine. this is all on the latest update, 2 versions back it was running fine.

one step forward, 3 back.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

DanL:

Wow, hard to say what that one is. When the ethernet fails to respond there must be something screwy..
Id try a complete reset of it via pokeys , a firmware and full reload and see if the ethernet comes back, if not
yell to Pokeys, they are really good at support. Once its working again, hopefully it all starts going properly.

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

As a test ,I booted mineup with latest version, ran several M6 tests and M28 tests, and they all seem OK.. but then, hard to say unless Im testing what your testing. Yell when Inet connection is back..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:
One other thing I noticed the other day, I was running some vectric code and it was screwing up, turned out to be that
Vectric was using {}'s in its code. Since Auggie will run CScript when it see's braces, it was missing things as it encountered the following lines as errors. So make sure there are no {}'s in there...

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Will do a full reset on everything today, When a similar thing happened the other day it was the win 10 updater being corrupted that did it, and the fusion Gcode.

So from now on I will just use Vectric G code.

The fusion G code for some reasion corrupts the offsets and tool change location in M3, So it would not surprise me if the Fusion G code is making Auggie go NAnananana.

If you try to find where it is going wrong you can't, but you can see it on the machine when it does strange stuff, I had a big argument with some of the fusion guys over it.