the Good the bad and the ugly

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
DanL
Old Timer

the Good the bad and the ugly

Post by DanL »

Hay Art been playing some more.
I have found haveing the toolpath set some certain ways Auggie Estops and it spits out that it's a stack over flow what stops it.

Also some G codes go off the path they start on the path then drift off by a small amount then it goes back onto the path before the G code is finished.

and some Gcodes are fine.

Max jerk limit 5000000
constant vel
max vc radius .5
look ahead 10

files are attached the file marked fail are the one's that had the EStop, loss are the ones that lose the path then go back to it. good are just that good
Attachments
Auggie Gcodes.zip
(144.03 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: the Good the bad and the ugly

Post by ArtF »

Thanks Dan:

Ill try them out. I have found some errors in the GCode that I fixed last week when cutting some things, and havent yet released. It may be related, though I havent seen anythign go off path, so you may have found something I hadnt seen as yet.

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Preliminary look shows fails loading and running OK, but off display path at times, Ill track that down. It may
be an offset issue. I seeG42 offsets in use, Auggie wont support line offset at all, wasnt somethign I wanted to do during development. ( G42 offsets arent used by most hobbiest so I eschewed the implementation ..).
I do see G54 calls and such so bugs may exist in the swapping of offsets as I havent tested in there, so Ill
use your files for testing of that section.

It will be a week or two till I get there, but Ill let you know what I find.. ( Nice files... I like the helical usage in them, their a good testing medium..

Thx
Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

All other toolpath I have tried so far have been fine, Auggie does not like doing a helix in 3D 2D is ok, it's the entry into the cut where it fail between line 20 and 34.

I have a lot to do to the post from fusion removing G42 and a couple of other changes, I was going to leave G54 there.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

G54 should be ok, I roughed in 255 offsets , though Ive never tested them. 
It does have helical code for 3d helix in it, though again I never tested it,
so your files will come in handy. Probably a few bugs hanging around in there,
a punishment from the universe for not living a clean life. :)

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

Art I have worked out what it is it's how it enters the cut with a smooth, or smooth helix, helix and profile it fails. the cutting it self is fine it EStop on a entering of the cut ever at the start or during the cut.
If i have the same toolpath but have it set to plunge it's fine.

feed optimization does not have an effect on the cut EStoping

lead in and outs are fine.

Whats in the attached file is all 3D or 2D pockets a normal op, I will do adaptive clearing tomorrow I will go through all cut ops and they will be named properly so i can track them all.

since's I am so crap at coding I need to do something to help make Auggie better.
once I have done them all in fusion I will do V carve pro cut types what I would say will be fine it's what you use.

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Thx Dan:

Once I have this ticker done, Ill be back into Auggie and Ill trace it out.

Art
DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

I went back and look at the other codes I sent yesterday the same error repeats stack overflow, adding more files just makes no senses, I will just find what works and stick to that.

the attached file has the error in it it's the same error with all files

Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

DanL
Old Timer

Post by DanL »

The toolpath being out is in part to haveing the jerk set to 5000000 I changed it to 500000 and it comes back into line, different toolpaths used, I will go back and check the ones that where out.