Auggie auto on

Discussions and file drops for Auggie
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auggie auto on

Post by ArtF »

Dan:

Well, as you know I use a 20 watt synrad, ( well, 14 watts of one anyway.. :) ), and I swear by them in terms of quality,
that nice gausian profile is real sweet for engraving. But I use mine for experimenting, and Im thinking it may  become a
3d printer run by auggie in the end.. but that could take me awhile..

I dont think Ill swap my 50watt to Auggie, as you say it does what I want in cutting, but I have a 40 watt I hope
to hook up with galvo's soon. ( I have way too many projects on the go.. lol)

Im just trying to finish my ticker now, Ive promised a video on a bat mechanism, way too long,

Here's a photo of the ticker.. its called "An Orange Clockwork" , hopefully, its vanes get done this week for video next week..

Art
Attachments
20170207_161142.jpg
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

Did you set up a flying mirror XY? If not then did you do a vertical mounted synrad?
Would you email me a picture of your installation?
Dan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dan:

Nothing is put together as yet, I have a galvo cube from a yag system I picked up on Ebay,
I have it powered up and ready for an analogue signal, and I have a synrad T40 to point into it,
but I'm working on making an arduino act as a 2 axis step/direction galvo controller.
  If I can manage that, Ill be adding the laser to the cube.. Ill use a laser pointer during
development of the step/dir controller. Ive never dealt with these things before, so Im not sure
how much trouble it will be, but the math of the timing says I can do 100K points per second
from an arduino due .. in theory anyway. My Pokeys can send 125K steps / second, so it should
allow for looking at the galvo cube simply as a very fast cnc mill, only with laser instead of a
tool. So I hope anyway.. This is the galvo cube Ill be using..

Art

Attachments
galvos.jpg