how to make a script for plasma cnc?

C Scripting questions and answers
Vangoth
Old Timer

how to make a script for plasma cnc?

Post by Vangoth »

very good morning, I thank all the people that could somehow help me to make a script to activate a plasma using the G m3 code and the SSR2 relay output of the pokey57cnc card.

How would the script be if the plasma head before turning on did "probe input"?

Thank you very much for accepting me to participate in this forum and many thanks and congratulations to the creators of the auggie software.

I would like the creator of auggie to make a video tutorial on how to make an interesting script that pokeys users will learn how to make libraries for the needs of their machines.

Greetings from Colombia, Nestor Delgado.
Last edited by Vangoth on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: how to make a script for plasma cnc?

Post by ArtF »

Hi Nestor:

To modify the system to run a relay ( or SSR ), open the LIB button and select the
GCode/LaserSpindle library and press the LocalEdit button. The library will appear in the
script window. Modify it as I did in the enclosed photos. The SetRelay function is relay,state,
the example sets relay 0 on for M3, and off for M4. You may need number , 1 or 3 ( my laser is on relay 2 and its one of the two relays.).

Once you make the changes, open the LIB button again and press "CheckIn", the system will
check your library and save it if it passes testing for syntax. Once you do this any M3 shoudl turn on the releay you selected. ( 1-4);

Note:  Sorry about that, the examples show SetRelay( 0, 1) and SetRelay( 0,0), they should read
SetRelay( 1,1 ) and (1,0). The releays are numbered 1- 4.

Art
Attachments
m3code3.jpg
m3Code2.jpg
M3Code1.jpg
Vangoth
Old Timer

Re: how to make a script for plasma cnc?

Post by Vangoth »

thank you very much sir. It's clear for me.