reading Pokeys pins

C Scripting questions and answers
gburk
Old Timer

Re: reading Pokeys pins

Post by gburk »

Art

Not sure if its me, the way i am reading the %bar function, seems to lag behind a little..
If i slide the bar from 100% to 40%, and print out the % each time it go's thought the function
when i stop at 40 the last print may show only 47 so almost seems like the slider may be faster
than the function can process and misses some values..
make sense?.

and the values always seem to be a 0.47 always have decimal points

what my goal is to use the percent 0 to 100 and set it to an rpm value say the percent is 20 then that may = 700 rpm.. and so on.

Gary
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Gary:

It may be the throttling acting up, I didn't want too many messages to swarm the system
so I put in a 100ms timer to limit the traffic to 10 calls per second, but the last call should
still be accurate, so it must be missing messages. Ill set up a variable call and run more tests, I was
only testing using the SlowJog and that has special properties as a systemic global..

I believe it has two calls it makes, one with percentage and one with the actual value, one is called
as the variable name script, the other as the button name script.

Thx for the test
Art
gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

I think I found a small problem with the new version of auggie..

I have a few dialog box's for probing popping up, they worked fine in the last version, but now when I press the button for a dialog to display it runs twice so there is one dialog on top of the other, so if I hit close, it close's the first one, and then I have to close the second one also..

not sure if the %bar has anything to do with this but only change I can think of..

gary
gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

Wanted to run another brain storm, i'm thinking about adding..

Do you think it would be better, if I added 3 more buttons and led's that you could change the G31 direction form + to -, led off = + pos direction led on = neg direction for the x y z, i'm not sure if other's would have there directions of travel different than mine, but with the press of a button it would swap the G31 direction in all scripts.. a lot easier that doing each script manually..

Any thought's

Gary
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Gary:
I think It'd make a nice addon panel to the panel that now holds the laser3d set and such.
Adding a tab to that isnt difficult and makes it easy to swap to that screen if one wants a
quick probe run for any reason. I do that now when I run laser engravings, just swap to
that panel and use it to zero my passes and such. I could see a quick probe panel similar.

Art
gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

I have added it to my probing panel, so I will have some more testing now..

Did you happen to see what I was saying about the dialog running twice?

I found this only with the newest version of augie, I was attempting a video and showing the Edge probing that has a dialog pop up and during the video I would press a button in the dialog and it should have closed out the dialog.. but I had to close it twice, was strange then I moved the dialog and there was a second one right under it, that's how I found it.

Also when you boot auggie, in previous versions if I hit the script button the last script being edited will display in the window, now the display is empty and you have to reload it form the library...

Gary
Last edited by gburk on Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Gary:

Thx, I think maybe I know whats up with that.. Ill check it out tomorrow and fix it up, I suspect my messaging fix for sliders has made the button react twice..

I like the script being held as well, Ill find out what changed..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Gary :

New version is online. The reason the scripts window wasn't opening is because a recent fixed has caused
it to notice when two or more buttons have the same ID number (11). You need to change the ID of the Aug button,
I made mine 2222 and the Lib button, I made mine 4543 or something. This works because both of those use
their variable names as triggers for action. The Script tab selection uses its name ID as its script selector and
must remain 11.

This appears to fix it up. New version is online.

Art
gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

Thanks that fixes the script problem.. but still getting two copies of a dialog loaded with my button press, it works but I have to close the second dialog manually..

What changes were made to auggie I don't see any difference, I went  and changed the ID's then it worked fine..

Gary
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Gary:

The messaging and script calling is pretty complex. I found it was missing slider messages and repairing that
made it sense the duplicated ID numbers which previously went undetected. Inside Auggie I changed a bit of code
related to calling buttons , I was hoping that would fix the double dialog as it made sense.
  I may have screwed up and not included the fix in by build. Ill double check..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Gary:

Redownload. There is a bug in the jog buttons in the most recent versions.

New version is now online as version K.

Art

gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

That seemed to fix it...

I wish I didn't come up with the bright idea to swap the probing direction's with button's and  led's
seems like I had to make a lot of changes to the probing code, but did get it to work with inside bore probing, round and Square/Ret..
Now on to the rest of the scripts..

I see what a pain it could be for you to hunt bug's down..

I did finally dig into visual studio C++ a little and wrote my first program to calculate the X and Y values for the 3 corners of a delta printer based on the print radius.
I got lazy every time I had to recalibrate the printer I had to try and figure out the math again... not any more..

Thanks for you help, hopefully I won't run into anymore glitches..

Gary 
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

>>I did finally dig into visual studio C++ a little and wrote my

lol, you want to take care, while free, Visual Studio can swallow you whole.
If one were to ask me the best program ever written, it would be Visual Studio..
warts and all.

Art
gburk
Old Timer

Post by gburk »

Art

Yes I found the code hard to follow, but got it going after some hours of messing around, it's not fancy but works for me, maybe I will zip it up and post it your 3d printer section.. never had anyone test it out yet or not sure if needed..

I was finding with my delta printer when I was doing the auto bed leveling I wasn't getting good prints, so went back to manual and things were a lot better..
but I guess most people are using the auto leveling..

Gary
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Gary:

Depends on the printer really. I haven't tuned mine or leveled in years..thing just works, typically.
Many futz with various settings over time, 3dprinting is more hobby than device. :)

Art