Wooden Gear Clocks I have Built

Links to Youtube videos
drewman
Old Timer

Wooden Gear Clocks I have Built

Post by drewman »

Hi, being a newbie here I had better introduce myself  ;)
I like to dabble with wood and being able to make something out of an inanimate substance and give it "life" fascinates me and gives a great deal of satisfaction. I have been making clocks designed by Clayton Boyer but I feel I have progressed far enough now to start designing my own. So I am glad to have found Gearotics to give me that helping hand by doing the mind numbing calculations and let me see if a design is even possible.
I still have plenty of Clayton's to go as yet though and each one that has differing escapements is great to construct to have the experience of it. Nothing like having hands-on to really understand how these things work.

I am humbled to see that one of my clocks has already been posted here in a topic posted about electromagnetic clocks by Bloy.
I have actually just changed that clock to use a Daisy Dial Train mechanism.
All my clocks can be seen on youtube just lookup "drewmansclocks"

If I can assist any one with their clockmaking feel free to pick my brains on my experience with the practical side of building. I am not great on the technical side and theories involved but I am only to happy to assist where I can  :D

drewman.
Attachments
Toucan with Daisy Dial Train by drewman.jpg
Tempo Dial face by drewman.jpg
Model T by drewman.jpg
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.