Kinetic Simulation

A Spot for User Mechs and Kinematic discussions
marklazarz
Old Timer

Re: Kinetic Simulation

Post by marklazarz »

Art:

I updated to the latest dev version and now the bar test works.

The video was very helpful, thank you!

Mark
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Glad it helped, yell when confused. :)

Art
mglas
Old Timer

Post by mglas »

I can't seem to get a dxf file to load. It was created in corel draw and exported as dfx (autocad 2008-1013). the units are in inches. The files opens in other programs like delta cad and vcarve demo version.

any ideas?
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi :

Can you send me the file. ( A work around may be saving the file in Vcarve, then seeing if it will open..)

Art
Rocket
Old Timer

Post by Rocket »

Hello All,

I am back....tell me how do i open a .mech file?

I will be adding some .dxf files of wheels to play with soon
in Arts new program....

Richard
marklazarz
Old Timer

Post by marklazarz »

Richard:

Download and install the latest dev version of Gearotic.  It should install in the root directory of your C drive and below it you will find a Mech folder.  Put mech files in there.  Open Gearotic and activate the "Vector Wizards" button.  The drop down menu in the wizards module will show the files in your Mech directory for you to open.

Mark
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Richard:

As Mark describes, place your mech files. In the program select the mech in the dropdown,press load, and you may now simply right click and select paste as many times as you wish..

Kinetics is still young and can be annoying to figure out, but its getting easier every iteration, so let us know your experiences..

Thx
Art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Art;

The more I use this Kinetics platform, the more I'm amazed at what it does, highly addictive too, not sure if I say thanks, or what were you thinking?  ;D

Anyhow are you seeing any issues with selecting vectors? If I ungroup all vectors then try to pick just one of them with my mouse pointer, it appears off. It does select, but not exactly what I want, or should I say the vector selection at times is different to where my mouse pointer was pointing. Zoomed way out works better, but if I zoom in any, becomes iffy to select anything quickly. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing similar reactions? It could be my mouse or driver, but mouse works well everywhere else in Win10? 

Bob
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

B:

Its still difficult to select the right one at times, its a matter of vector chains being on top of others that makes it hard
for the program to tell what your pointing at. Press tab if the selection is wrong and it will cycle through the available chains..

Art
Rocket
Old Timer

Post by Rocket »

Thank you very much.
Richard:

Download and install the latest dev version of Gearotic.  It should install in the root directory of your C drive and below it you will find a Mech folder.  Put mech files in there.  Open Gearotic and activate the "Vector Wizards" button.  The drop down menu in the wizards module will show the files in your Mech directory for you to open.

Mark
[/quote]