Kinetic Confusion

A Spot for User Mechs and Kinematic discussions
marklazarz
Old Timer

Kinetic Confusion

Post by marklazarz »

Still struggling with the kinetic module.  I brought in a kinetic wheel from a DXF file, mirrored it and attached counter-rotating motors to each.  The mirrored wheel ended up on a separate layer and when I started the simulation, only one wheel turned.  I then copied one of the wheels to the first layer, attached an appropriate motor, turned off the second layer and ran the simulation.  This is what I intended.  Question - if the wheels are on separate layers, why won't they both move during simulation?  I am attaching the relevant files to this post.
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Kinetic Confusion

Post by ArtF »

Hi Mark:

I suggest all relevant items be on one layer. The program actually has a simulator
that is separate on each layer. Only the simulator on the selected layer runs though.
  You may find the sim of vanes better if you attach only 1 motor to attach to both vanes,
but of course there can be reaons to add one to each as well.

After importing a DXF, Id select all the items you wish to simulate an duse the
layer menu item to move them all to the one layer you intend to sim.

I know its all kinda flakey in selections.. poor processor just wasnt originally designed
to handle all that data. This may be a case of a recode to make a better gui for all the
vector stuff in the off season, but I do suggest you use only 1 layer when trying sim's.

Im still cleaning up various items so it will get easier, but I do think it may be
a case of nbeeding its own gui so I may separate it out to its own program in
the end. 

Art