Linkage not consistant

A Spot for User Mechs and Kinematic discussions
hurco
Old Timer

Linkage not consistant

Post by hurco »

I created some simple linkage but it doesn't seem to work properly; the link allows the shafts to get out of time. Is there a setting that I missed to make the linkage rigid? I tried to set up a gear ratio but since one shaft is intermittent and changes direction it didn't work either. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
-dale
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Linkage not consistant

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Im not sure why, but that project file refuses to run for me. I do see the linkage, but it seems to long for where its fit, if the linkage wont fit properly, the object on one side will either stall, or if the motor or drive is too strong it will push past the block, stretching
or shrinking the link, which may make things go out of sync ..but they shoudl correct when the pressure lets up. Ill see if I can figure why it refuses to run at all, here anyway..

Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dale:

I got it to run here .. my bad, been deep in the code and neglected to select the right layer.

IT seems to work as Id expect, the top gear rolls back and forth, and the bottom on rolls..

How do you know its getting out of sync, it appears to stay on the pins you dragged the links to?

Art
hurco
Old Timer

Post by hurco »

I'm new at this and just learning... The bottom wheel is intended to be the normal driver however I wanted to test the results when the top wheel is the driver. When I dragged the top wheel around the link would stretch allowing the top wheel to rotate when it shouldn't. I'd hoped the link would have been properly constrained so that I could vary the alignment of the wheels influencing the direction of the bottom wheel when the top was driven since the direction change takes place at TDC and BDC. Thanks for the help.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Ahh, I see what you mean. Yes, the trouble is when you pull on a wheel to rotate it, you have infinite power, so you can
actually stretch a linkage, or even pull it out of its position.

Art