Kinetic Spinner

A Spot for User Mechs and Kinematic discussions
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Kinetic Spinner

Post by Dan Mauch »

I am having too much fun with my Laser and Gearotics Motion! Here is a video of my latest project https://youtu.be/VZ3yz_iO6No  . The mechanism is very unique in that I haven't seen one that can run for hours on a single start. You'll notice that there was a slight pause after I manually spun the outer spinner to work my magic. Any guesses? I plan to incorporate it into a larger piece which is my version of John Hansen's Iris.

Dan Mauch
Mooselake
Old Timer

Re: Kinetic Spinner

Post by Mooselake »

A battery is too obvious and doesn't account for the pause, although that could have been time to turn on the switch.

I'm stumped

Kirk
tweakie
Old Timer

Post by tweakie »

I think you have a little hamster wheel in the back and the initial spin is just to wake-up the little fellow.  ;D

Tweakie.
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

Thanks tweakie but if I had Hamsters back there  shouldn't I have included the Hamster Dance Song? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU
;)  ;D
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

This must be the high speed mode song for those hamsters..lol
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Post by Dan Mauch »

Actually, it is battery operated and the spinners are on a counter rotating shaft attached some gearotic gears and and driven by a motor.
Dan Mauch

Mooselake wrote: A battery is too obvious and doesn't account for the pause, although that could have been time to turn on the switch.

I'm stumped

Kirk