Virus Warnings

a note about any virus warnings.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Virus Warnings

Post by ArtF »

Hi Steve:

Yes,the msi installer is much easier to use in Win10 and doesnt give virus warnings usually, just
a warning that Im not a trusted microsoft supplier.

Many of you download the install from Bobs backup website which didnt have the MSI file
as a selection, it was available only from my original gearotic.com download site. Bob is adding that to
his website or may have added it already.

The problem in the end turned out to be my fault on two points. I had a bad link on my Win10
machine and was testing an old version on every install. So I wasn't testing what I thought
I was testing. Ironically, the true issue that stopped Vexx from running was a 8-bar linkage module
I had not released and was developing slowly in the background. Its optimiser, a package for
solving nonlinear algebra functions was compiled under a dynamic linking and needed runtimes.
Vexx actually doesn't need any normally as it is statically linked to its run-time. Turns out Win10
hates the run-times and wont load them properly. Ill have to solve that issue if I manage to
make the multi-bar linkage routines run as I want them to.

Anyway, all seems stable and Ill now finish up the released modules and re-upload a new Vexx.
Sorry for all the trouble and thanks to those that helped me find the error.

Thx
Art

BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Thanks for the feedback Art, glad you found the issue. I do have (Gearotic setup.msi) added to www.Gear2Motion.com in case anyone is wondering?

Cheers
Bob
:)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi All:

I have finally updated to a new installer. Ive been using that old one since Mach3 days.
The installation setup files have been updated with the new builds. There should be no
more virus warnings, but I'm waiting to see how that works out.

The installations will start to be modified and personalized shortly but at the moment are
quick builds using the new installer. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Thx
art
BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Art, I continue to get Windows defender smart Screen warning when I first launch the new setup, however works fine from there once I acknowledge the warning.

Cheers
Bob
:)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

Thx, Bob. A warning from defender that the program is from an untrusted source is fine,
there just shouldn't be any false flag virus warning anymore is the hope.

Art