Exporting Dxfs

Support for Cad program Vexx
MaynardC
Old Timer

Exporting Dxfs

Post by MaynardC »

Hi Art,
I've created a XL timing belt pulley in gearotic, and brought it into Vexx. When I export to dxf, all the inner and outer radii on the pulley outline are converted to line segments. Is it possible to export these as arcs (or whatever curve format is available in DXF land). Problem I'm having is when I bring them into fusion (40 tooth pulley) and extrude it, it brings fusion to  a slow crawl. I've tried messing with the settings in Vexx, but had no luck.
Thanks
Maynard
Dan Mauch
Old Timer

Re: Exporting Dxfs

Post by Dan Mauch »

I too have had that problem but not with Fusion. What I ended up doing was using Cambam that converts the segments to polylines. It also reduces the G code fine size tremendously
Dan Mauch
MaynardC
Old Timer

Post by MaynardC »

Thanks Dan,
I don't have cambam, but do have Aspire V4, which has a convert to curves function. Worked well, except for the units, which a simple scale corrected.

Thanks for the hint
Maynard
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

In Vexx, group the timing belt contours, then select "convert to Arcs/Beziers". In options, make sure Allow Arcs is checked, bezier is optional.
Set PolyLine tolerance to .005 mm's to keep curves from getting approximated too large.

Art