Autotrain Hangs

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Autotrain Hangs

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dfeuss:

I see a strange refocus to the search button on init, so Ive removed it and tested. I , of course, see no change,
but this DOES look like some graphic issue, and I have seen it happen before in terms of seeing certain labels refuse
to refresh on some system reports. Gearotic uses an architecture that was kinda crossover at the time. The ribbon
bars are created by me manually for example, and not in a bar designer as one would do it now in the newer compilers. This can cause a message loop of some sort.. though hard to say where or how at this point. I have few reports of issues, yours seems the worst, while a couple others do have the missing labels at times. ( And even I have seen that happen, though when I look for it, its gone. On my systems at least, this bug is ephemeral.  I hate that.. so...

Since I hope to do a release within a week to 2 week time frame, ( I have one more tool to add and a few smaller
bugs to trace before I do so.. ), I will take some time and refresh the calculators code to see if I can tighten up
anything I see that's a bit nonstandard. The Calculator is actually pretty simple GUI wise, I'm not seeing any of the
stranger controls I do use , like the numerical sliders and such. 

As your not getting an actual error, Im assuming at this point its a control focus issue, where a control starts
a wait-on-event sequence and it never happens. (These can be a bugger to find if I cant repeat them, so cleaning is
often the only way to find them.).

If, on the next release, the calculator still fails to run, contact me again, and I will make a special version
for your machine with debug messages that may help us track it down and kill it once and for all.

Thx
Art
Ya-Nvr-No
Old Timer

Post by Ya-Nvr-No »

between MooseLake, living just south of Houghton Michigan and Dfuess in Rock Michigan
id have to think you guys are hiding out, LOL
I have spent a few weeks at what we called "Camp Rock", a river cabin right on the Escanaba River and then also at Michigan Tech University several times.
Very nice country but damn you guys get the snow.
Good to see fellow Michiganders.
;D
Dfuess
Old Timer

Post by Dfuess »

Heh, the snow's not that bad and we know how to handle it so it rarely impacts life up here. If you love forests and raw nature with sparse population the UP is as close to perfect as you can get.
Mooselake
Old Timer

Post by Mooselake »

Besides it hardly snows in Rock anyway, not like the 200+ inches we get up here, although they get the colder end of the temperature/lake effect snow tradeoff.  My smaller snowblower is 6 1/2 feet wide...

I moved up here to go to Michigan Tech, back around the time that vacuum tubes were the hot thing...

Kirk

Dfuess
Old Timer

Post by Dfuess »

Installed 3.01100, no change. Autotrain still hangs.
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Hi:

This one is quite strange, I just cant find a hook with which to figure out whats up..

Can you email support@gearotic.com so I can send you a special version to test. Ill make one that
initializes in stages to see if we can figure out whats hanging you up..

Thx
Art