CNC not Running Gcode

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
John T
Old Timer

CNC not Running Gcode

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I have created a simple circular gear, about 4.5 inches in diameter with the latest download of Gearotic (3rd axis generated).  I load it into Mach 3 version 2.0  and the G code loads, I can see it on the Mach3 screen but it won't run the machine.  If I load older files will run fine but not the new one.

Any hints of what I'm doing wrong?

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: CNC not Running Gcode

Post by ArtF »

Hi John:

Im afraid Ill need more than that. What happens when you try to run it, does it give an error?
Does it show what line it stops on? Usually Mach3's log will report whats stopping it as I recall,
or youll get a message as to what its waiting for?

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

OK Thanks Art,
Here are some of the things that I have tried:
I have a "design" computer where its warm and a cutting computer in my shop which is only lightly heated.

In order to reduce chances of binging a problem from one computer to another I have done a test on the shop one.
The generation of the Gcode seems to work OK from Gearotic and I get a file to be saved.
When I load into Mach3 (see Photo) there is Gcode there but there is not diagram on the table screen at the right.
I can open the gCode from the edit button and there is lots of code there

When I push the cycle start absolutely nothing happens no message no motor movement just the same screen.

One thing I do notice is that the very first line of the gCode is CB Bot Wheel Support.  That is not the name I had given the wheel that I'm trying to make so - maybe the problem is somewhere in the "post" on Gearotic??

John
Attachments
IMG_6293.JPG
JimG
Old Timer

Post by JimG »

John,

The Status line is reporting "Unknown word where unary operation could be - Line 0" which is the machine not recognising what the text in Line 0 is.    Delete Line 0 or put brackets round it and your GCode should run.

Jim.
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
That fixed it - I'll have to watch for that next time.  I think its coming off the epi / pro log edit when I post the code.

John
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

Check your ProLogue to make sure it doesnt have that text in it.  It does look like
thats the only real issue though..

Art