small problems

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
jredburn
Old Timer

small problems

Post by jredburn »

I have a small problem with the display screen when I create a gear.  My mouse wheel will not rotate the gears,  it only scrolls up and down.

How do I import DXF files?  I cannot find anything in the tutorials  or the help files.

There are tutorials about the modules in gearotic thoughts but I cannot find a way to download them into my computer.
Regards
Joe
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: small problems

Post by ArtF »

Hi Joe:

The videos are all on Youtube, just search for gearotic to find the channel. You can download them using any youtube grabbing
software.

>> My mouse wheel will not rotate the gears,  it only scrolls up and down.

You can only rotate gears with the simulate button on the menu bar at the top. The mouse cannot rotate  a gear on its own.

>>How do I import DXF files?  I cannot find anything in the tutorials  or the help files.

Generally you cannot import dxf's into Gearotic, its purpose was only for export. There is a "Vector Wizards" section where you can load dxf's into a small cad like drawing program. See the video on the processor under kinematics. A more complete CAD program is in development for gearotic, but may be a few months before initial release.

Thx
Art