Selecting Overlapping Items on 3 Axis Workbench

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
dchib
Old Timer

Selecting Overlapping Items on 3 Axis Workbench

Post by dchib »

I'm having great fun familiarising myself with Gearotic2. 

On the 3-axis workbench I've found that when items are closely spaced or overlapping it becomes impossible to select some of the objects.

For example, I placed a couple of small pinions in the space inside a larger planetary gear (to make efficient use of that material) but then found that even if I clicked directly on a pinion, only the larger planetary was selected.  There seems no way to select the pinions without first moving the planetary away so there is little or no overlap.  Is there something I'm missing?

I often "nest" items that I'm machining to save material but this inability to select any overlapping object makes this tricky.  Not sure I'd say it was a bug but it would be nice if there was someway to refine the selection process.

Cheers
David
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Selecting Overlapping Items on 3 Axis Workbench

Post by ArtF »

David:

I will check into this one and see if I can make it easier to select withing selection areas.
Gearotic has been locked down except for serious bugs as its complexity hit a point where
changes put in too many bugs. But this is one I will investigate to see what I can do.

Thx
Art