Labeling Features above the ribbon

This is for reporting any trouble you may have
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Labeling Features above the ribbon

Post by Jerrywi »

Good Morning Art;

Nothing too dramatic to report, However, I just noticed this morning after reviewing you post on the new auto gear train function tutorial that on your screen, in the ribbon area labeled "decorations" where the spoke features are, ie: spoke enable check box,  type of spokes,  shaft style and Rim ratio, leg ratio and boss ration.

My screen has never had the word labels of "Rim Ration-Leg Ratio or Boss Ration. just the three boxes where you can adjust the numbers.

I knew what they were just by using them in my projects and just assumed there was no room to label these features.

I tried to expand the box field column like in excel software, but that didn't work.

Is there something in the set up or tools that I'm missing, a check box or something else that is simple and I'm completely missing.

No big Deal, just wondering

As always your additions to Gearotic Thoughts are amazing and I can't be happier with the software.

Thanking you in advance

Jerry

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Labeling Features above the ribbon

Post by ArtF »

Jerry:

Really? Im constantly amazed by the peculiarities of various graphic outputs
on some machines, those labels are a simple gui call to place a edit box with label, they
should work everwhere as the framework handle them, not myself.
  I will do some investigation to see what I can do.

Thx
Art
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Jerry:

Im curious, what happens if you drag the window so its narrower, to the point where the menu items become drop down menus. If you select
the decorate button, does the text then appear?

Thx
Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Hay Art;

The computer that I use most often is an old lap top running XP that I use  for all my forum chats and to test G-Code with, using Mach3. My screen view is the 2010 screen set, which requires that I set the screen resolution to 1024x768 for best results.
I have always used this resolution since I purchased Gearotic Motion.

I've been experimenting with screen resolution settings since I posted last and discovered that any resolution lower than 1024x768, the labels are not present, However, resolutions above 1024x768 ie. starting with 1280x800 the labels start to appear.
Who knew!!! it appears that the "Description" column was the only one that is effected by a lower resolution setting.

SO ALL IS GOOD. it's not GT, as much as it's my 2010 screen set.

I am SORRY for the false alarm( don't hold it against me) LOL

P.S.
OH NO!! I forgot: "for every Bug that is reported, a small puppy dies somewhere" Now I'm feeling guilty. :) :D :-*

Jerry
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Jerry:

Oh, well. The world has a great many puppies in it. :) . It IS still a bug, there is a setting of minimum size I think I can adjust to eliminate that.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Art
Jerrywi
Old Timer

Post by Jerrywi »

Thanks Art