Simulation

For suggestions for future additions
John T
Old Timer

Simulation

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Here's is a "would be nice".  I'm simulating a pendulum that is attached to the impulse shaft of a Chrono Escapement.  I don't have any problem attaching the indicator (pendulum) however when I simulate, the amplitude of the Pendulum swings about 180 degrees.  It would be nice to be able to control the amplitude to see exactly how much amplitude is necessary to trigger the escapement.  I think I can do it with 45 degrees or less but can't tell accurately from the simulation.

John
PS I haven't found any puppies to kill in this release.
Attachments
PendulumSimulation.jpg
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Simulation

Post by ArtF »

John:

lol.. ok.. Im curious, I take it you designed the pendulum as an indicator? That would explain where the
pendulum came from, IIm not sure how you got around the slave shaft attachment to that shaft though?
How'd you get by my logic on that one. :)
  I see why it swings 180 degree's, as a recoil its supposed to be designed for 180, so I let it take that amount each time.. though I suppose I could allow you to lower that to any angle to see the simulation allowances.. perhaps a right click on recoil and select "Set Swing Angle" type of thing...

Perhaps too its time I allowed pendulums as I once did in Gearotic? I was holding that for a CAD module thinking its
a proper place to design a pendulum...  but Im not adverse to giving a selection for a basic pendulum... I guess the pendulum could hold the swing angle.... just thinking...

Art
John T
Old Timer

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
I'm not sure I did anything special but you're right I couldn't put my "indicator" on the slave shaft but I was able to put a small pinion on that shaft and then I could put the indicator on the pinion.  I made the pinion small enough that it hides behind the indicator.

Don't rush on my part its just a "nice to have" idea.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

John:

Thx for the info. I will probably hold pendulums for the CAD module, but Ill list adding a swing variable for the
escapements..or perhaps see if I can limit them to the minimum swing to see what happens.. :)

Art