Ideas

For suggestions for future additions
2DMaher
Old Timer

Ideas

Post by 2DMaher »

Genius!!

I have to say amazing job on creating one of the most useful and interesting programs that I have ever used. Works well, its quick, and has really interesting components.

On an older version the predecessor to Gearotic2; explored the four bar linkage:

1. "please, please bring the four bar linkage back";

2. In the Circular Gear Module: the "Wheel" when made Planetary - could there be an include option for teeth on the outside as well?

3. In the Non-Circular Gears - Form Control - "Rack option", could the Rack be made/altered to mesh with the Circular Gear - Module (Types).

4. The "Rack" would there be anything in the works to allow a tangential plane adjustment option along the length/width of the rail.

5. On the Circular Gear Module when making Intermittent gearing could dead spots be drawn or included somehow.

Great software. Awesome Tools.

Dave
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Ideas

Post by ArtF »

Hi Dave:

>>I have to say amazing job on creating one of the most useful and interesti ng programs that I have ever used. Works well, its quick, and has really interesti ng component s.

On an older version the predecess or to Gearotic2; explored the four bar linkage:

1. "please, please bring the four bar linkage back";

>> 4-bars will be returning next year greatly expanded. Or at least thats the plan.

2. In the Circular Gear Module: the "Wheel" when made Planetary - could there be an include option for teeth on the outside as well?

>> Planned for a CAD section to allow copying parts of one gear to another... or toothing arbitrary sections.

3. In the Non-Circular Gears - Form Control - "Rack option", could the Rack be made/altered to mesh with the Circular Gear - Module (Types).

The racks will mesh of course with any circular gear,  but surprisingly they also mesh with noncircular gears. As evidence, notice the picture of the "toothing" pen in the upper left of the noncirc modules screen. That toothing pen is actually 1 tooth of the rack, all the current noncirculars are toothed using this rack, so if they actually CAN roll on a rack ( covcave gears  can not)..they do now...

4. The "Rack" would there be anything in the works to allow a tangentia l plane adjustmen t option along the length/width of the rail.

:-),  a bent rack you mean? Yes, this is on my list.

5. On the Circular Gear Module when making Intermitt ent gearing could dead spots be drawn or included somehow.

As above, I hope to deal with this in  a CAD module next development season..

Thanks for the comments, I do appreciate them. My "desired" list is actually getting larger rather than smaller, it seems the world is starting to notice Gearotic.
Thanks for the suggestions, may they move up the list quickly. ( My version of "may the force be with you." :) )

Art

BMeyers
Old Timer

Ideas

Post by BMeyers »

Ditto as to the comments on Art's work on the software.

And, if voting is of any interest, I would vote for being able to allow teeth on the outside of a planetary gear (or any facility which enables me to include "double-sided" gears.  I now do that manually to create what I would call "laminated" gears withe the layers (layers in the x-y dimension, not z) within a gear made of different woods (think the incra jig promotions which show "laminated" joints).

thanks.