Florish Settings

For suggestions for future additions
John T
Old Timer

Florish Settings

Post by John T »

Hi Art,
Florishs appeal to me a lot and something that would be a real benefit to me is to know what settings will produce what exact florish. 
The reason is that if I'm just messing around and get a really interesting one I would like to be able to do it again.

John
1% inspiration 99% try, try again
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Florish Settings

Post by ArtF »

John:

I think Ill add a log for flourishes that keeps track of your settings and the time and date you made it.
You can at least the replicate them. Because the flourish is created by a heuristic means, I cant really tell
you what you will get, but I can record what you got so you can recreate it. :)
  I may look at other modes as well. There are couple things I havent yet explained on flourishes. For example,
if you put a letter on the screen but not on a flourishing layer, then draw a square or circle around the letter on the "flourishing" layer,
then draw a much larger square or circle around all that, the flourish will then stay away as best it can
from the letter,... the inner circle(s) or square(s) become exclusion zones to surround an object or detail..

You can also use lines to draw inner exclusion zones to control the flourish. The only rule is that one
of the objects ( square, circle, lines) must totally encompass all the exclusion zones.. I will mention that on the next
video on the subject, I didnt want to get too complex at the start.. You may use that to surround a photo
for example...

Art