models and samples

For suggestions for future additions
Stojan
Old Timer

models and samples

Post by Stojan »

Hey G'day folks,

Is there a reason there are no examples/models with the Gearotic install or have I perhaps missed them?

eg a sample clock nothing extravagant a geartrain or somesort, and the downloads section has nothing on offer either?

Is this deliberate or the management of such too much of a pain to bother with.

This is not a criticism more a question as to why not?

The new website I absolutely love it but would love it more if you could download a file of the project that is being discussed, tutorial files. :) I know for the lazy that want to skip the intro and get to reading the summary at the end :)

May I be so bold as to suggest this be added to Gearotic install or perhaps be considered for the new website?

Cheers and avagreatday
from the colonies downunder.

ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: models and samples

Post by ArtF »

Hi Stojan:

There are a few samples files of various types, youll find them in the \GearData folder off the main root of the install.
Size is the usual issue with samples, I try to keep the install small for download and samples take a great deal of room
depending on the type. There are a few .vcp files ( form the vector processor module) and a sampel Clock file for gearotic.

We'll note the request though, and try to fit in a few more, and refresh the ones we have, its been a long time since
I visited the issue.

Thx
Art
Stojan
Old Timer

Post by Stojan »

Hey Art G'day,

Thank you for the courtesy of a reply,

I must say its a pleasure reading whats going on in the forum and your attitude to your work is exemplary. Its a rather rare thing nowadays to see people as dedicated to their work/hobby.
I don't participate much and age is catching up or should I say has caught up. Its a long way from me being a young fellow being taught about computers in primary school how they occupied whole buildings to seeing the magic of today and being able to design clocks and mechanical wonders on my own pc.

I wonder sometimes whatever happened to that boy.

Thank you for such a wonderful application Gearotic.

Stojan
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Stojan:

I sometimes wonder what happened to this boy as well. :)
Thanks for the kind comments.

Art