Imaginary gears (input)

For suggestions for future additions
DougE
Old Timer

Imaginary gears (input)

Post by DougE »

I'd like to see the ability to "import" my own vector drawn imaginary gear and have the program create the matching pinion.

Example;
Create a vector or 'dwg in Illustrator or Corel or cad program to scale desired  (including shaft location)  Lets say you draw the shape of a 'heart'.
Import this shape to Gearotic.
Press the magic button and it will create the matching gear or pinion that will work with this shape.

I will assume that there will be parameters which must be met or kept within 'bounds'.  (EG, angles cannot be greater or less than "x".  Lines cannot fold back on themselves to "x" degrees)

Please tell me this can be done !

This is really a wonderful product.  Sure saves time from creating with my other software and allows me more time to tinker with cnc troubleshooting etc.

Thank you very much for making buyers aware of the price increase prior to its inception!  Yes, this prompted me to make my purchase sooner, rather than later.

Doug E
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Imaginary gears (input)

Post by ArtF »

Hi Doug:

>>I'd like to see the ability to "import" my own vector drawn imaginary gear and have the program create the matching pinion.

You will see that eventually. In fact Ive done it personally and have the techique
down pat. ( Recently a Movie company had the same request, and someday soon
you'll see those type of gears in the theator.  )

Your right, there are a few caveats to doing it, but generally you'll be able to
draw a gear and have it in high resolution extrusion with meshing. The problem
I had is that internally GM was getting hard to handle as its core was old and vastly
underpowered. Im correcting that now, but the results will be slow to be seen.
Gearotic Thoughts, the next program to be released will be the ultimate hobby
tool for gearing and mechanisms, I expect it will be several months till its release,
but Im aiming to impress. It will also be free to GM users. Ill likely post a few video's
showing its progress in a couple months time. In fact Ill release alpha versions of it
as soon as it has a practical use.

Thx
Art

BobL
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by BobL »

Hi Doug;

Trust me on this, I'm seeing the GM thoughts module as it develops, you will be impressed...just saying..lol

Bob
;)
Gearotic Motion
Bob
Ken_Shea
Old Timer

Post by Ken_Shea »

Sure hope other gear creator software isn't trying to keep up with GM, I pity the fools  ;D