Post Processor

For suggestions for future additions
Wod
Old Timer

Post Processor

Post by Wod »

Art,
  I know that you're already bowed up like a two headed cutworm with the new rewrite, but I was wondering if it's possible to make it so that the post processor was editable? My stuff at home all uses Mach, but I sometimes use Gearotic at work and that could be anything from a Chmer EDM to a Bridgeport mill to a Haas machining center. Right now I just hand edit the code to fit the situation, but if I could set up a post processor for each machine it would be handy.
Thanks,
Wiley
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Post Processor

Post by ArtF »

Wiley:

This is also on my list. The new program will be able to be post processed as you wish. I suspect I'll use my original Post processor
code form LazyCam which seemed to work pretty well and was simple enough for users to make their own. The GCode will have preamble and postscript capability as well. Internally the program will create Gcode in a database format, then output as a user wishes. Ill be useing that database
for toolpath display so a ser can check to see whats going to be output as well.

Thx
Art
Wod
Old Timer

Post by Wod »

Art,
    Thanks. I should have known that you were already working on it. You always seem to be a step ahead.
Wiley
ArtF
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ArtF »

Wiley:

Im trying to think of all the things that bug in the old software to fix in the new, but its good to ask because
its easy to miss things in a rewrite this massive.. :-)

Art